I'll try to answer couple of questions and issues mentioned here.
Seems that some of you might have experienced problems with iLok before. We are aware such problems happened with earlier versions of it. However, Pace Antipiracy, the developer of iLok, has spent a lot of time and effort to make it run well on PCs since then. Quite a serious number of our customers uses iLok on PCs and, telling truth, have been reported hardly any iLok-related problems. I use iLok on couple of machines and did not have a single problem with it, so it seems to be quite reliable and stable. Of course I understand that some of you don't like this kind of protection. That's why we are considering alternatives.
However, I can't agree with some of you. You can avoid the paranoia over loosing an iLok by using the zero-downtime feature of iLok.com (it's not free, though). I understand it's annoying that you need to move your iLok when switching before computers. But many people consider having their licenses in one place to be an advantage. The main alternative way of copy protection that works - challenge-response - is very annoying when reinstalling, changing hardware config etc. iLok is much more convenient in such situations.
Unfortunately, using another dongles - Syncrosoft, Codemeter - for storing PSP licenses is not possible. We are not going to support them in the future. We are seriously considering using challenge/response protection, though.