Topic Options
#1 - 11/17/01 02:43 PM Problem with demo
phil Offline

Loc: Lyon - France
hello,

I've loaded and tried Vintage Warmer and I must say it's a great plug-in. I've a problem with Drive Knob which is not displayed at all. there's a blank square instead of the knob. When I move the mouse upon this square, the knob is displyed, but I can't tune it. Do you know what happens ?

Thank you.

#2 - 11/17/01 03:38 PM Re: Problem with demo
Mateusz Wozniak PSP Offline

Hi,

The problem you describe can be related to various system configuration problems depending on your platform, operation system, hardware and audio host application.
If you where a Mac user you should try to increase an amount of RAM for your host application.
If you where a PC user you should check whether you where using an ATI video card which cause several serious graphical problems with audio plugins.

#3 - 11/17/01 06:27 PM Re: Problem with demo
phil Offline

Hello, thank you for th efast response. I use a PC platform with an .... ATI card, so I win. There is no issues ?

Thank you. Philippe Vial. Lyon. France.

#4 - 11/17/01 09:47 PM Re: Problem with demo

Hi,

The problem is somewhere in ATI drivers propably (ATI cards work fine on Macs as far as I know with VST plug-ins). There was a long discussion between VST developers about the problem and sadly there is no known solution. Some problems from ocassional disappearing knobs to system crashes may happen whenever a VST plug-in with huge animations would be used.
One of our customers already bought a new card because his ATI card made even worse things then yours with not only PSP VintageWarmer - now everything goes fine.

Regards,

#5 - 11/19/01 09:21 PM Re: Problem with demo
phil Offline

Thank you for your response. I must tell I like very much your plug-in.

Philippe VIAL. Lyon. France

#6 - 11/22/01 11:03 AM Re: Problem with demo

Hi,

We are preparing an update wchin except other improvments would provide ATI video card compatibility by using graphic resources in a different way.

#7 - 12/15/01 10:43 AM Re: Problem with demo
Macmod Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Mateusz Wozniak PSP:
Hi,

The problem is somewhere in ATI drivers propably (ATI cards work fine on Macs as far as I know with VST plug-ins). There was a long discussion between VST developers about the problem and sadly there is no known solution. Some problems from ocassional disappearing knobs to system crashes may happen whenever a VST plug-in with huge animations would be used.
One of our customers already bought a new card because his ATI card made even worse things then yours with not only PSP VintageWarmer - now everything goes fine.

Regards,

#8 - 12/15/01 10:47 AM Re: Problem with demo
Macmod Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Mateusz Wozniak PSP:
Hi,

The problem is somewhere in ATI drivers propably (ATI cards work fine on Macs as far as I know with VST plug-ins).

Regards,

Unfortunately not Mateusz, the ATI stuff is a serious crasher. Not with PSP plugs however!
Best regards, Bob

#9 - 12/16/01 09:12 PM Re: Problem with demo

Maybe the same hardware/driver problems causes crahes in other applications. However the update is not yet official but available if anyone would be in a hurry.