Topic Options
#773 - 03/01/04 06:44 AM A problem with RTAS OSX version?
leftalive Offline

I've been toying around with the rtas/as demo (OSX 10.3.2, Pro Tools 6.2.2, Mac g4 1.33) for a week now, and the thing sounds awesome. However, I'm getting a lot of clicks in the processed audio as well as the occasional kernal panic, and I was wondering if this is somehow related to the limitations placed on the demo version. I'm aware of the dropout in processing every thirty seconds or so, but are the clicks a bug in the OSX rtas version, or can I rest easy knowing that when I buy the full product, it'll work properly?

Anyone having a similar experience with this plug?

#774 - 03/01/04 05:31 PM Re: A problem with RTAS OSX version?
Mateusz Wozniak PSP Offline

This is not a demo limitation. Actually I am not sure what it could be.
The most possible reason could be that you are trying to use the plug-in in a project which is already very heavy on CPU. Our plug-ins are very complex and we try to avoid any processing short cuts which can lessen CPU usage but also make the sound worse. Using them (especially with some settings) in already heavy project and low latency may bring the system to the edge of stable audio streams.

Regards,

#775 - 08/31/04 07:44 AM Re: A problem with RTAS OSX version?
JFreak Offline

Loc: Finland
i faced the same problem with the new version - the problem which seems to be nonexistent with the old (pre-au) version.

i was able to use multiple instances of vintagewarmer but now with this new version i cannot even use one. in a session where there's one track and vintagewarmer being the only plugin in the session. it plays few seconds, clicks as hell, then stops playback. error 60xx something.

it says there's not enough cpu, but the problem is not with the hardware which was able to drive multiple vintagewarmers in sometimes very plugin-heavy sessions.

there's clearly something wrong about the new version - i sent email to psp support already but have received no answer. not that i wait for an answer... a solution would be better \:\)

the same problem seems to have been included with the new mixpack plugs, too. completely unusable.