Topic Options
#7421 - 12/13/13 07:56 PM How do I authorize Xenon?
mikemccue Offline

I can't find any pertinent info on the PSP website or in the emails sent to me regarding my purchase of Xenon.

I installed it and opened it in Pro Tools 11 on Win7 Pro x64 and it says I have a 14 day trial running.

I have the authorization .reg file that was in my account area.

What do I do with it?

Thanks.

#7423 - 12/14/13 03:50 AM Re: How do I authorize Xenon? [Re: mikemccue]
admin Offline

Have you opened your registration file?
It should be open by a regedit app not a wordpad.

#7424 - 12/15/13 08:04 AM Re: How do I authorize Xenon? [Re: mikemccue]
mikemccue Offline

Hello,
I figured this out finally by searching throughout the internet for info.

Double click on the .reg file and ignore the warning dialog that pops up.

I am surprised that your website doesn't provide specific install instructions. The procedure is easy but the lack of info made it seem difficult.

The email I received when I purchased a Xenon license mentioned an iLok version and a non iLok version yet offered no specifics for using the new authorization procedure.
It seems as if the contents of that email must be very dated but it was sent to me a month ago.

The support request response email that was sent to me this morning did provide specifics for installation but also seemed dated as it spoke of Xenon version 1.3.1 which I have learned was replaced by 1.3.2 only 4 days after 1.3.1 was released and found to require a fix.

The whole experience has been confusing and it seems like it could have been very simple.

The confusion occurs because there isn't adequate info at the PSP website and the emails offer information that no longer applies.

Luckily, with some extra searching I was able to find the info I needed.

It seems like it would be easier and more efficient if PSP simply provided accurate and up to date info at the website and avoided sending emails that include information that isn't up to date.

Thank you.

best regards,
mike

#7431 - 12/16/13 03:37 AM Re: How do I authorize Xenon? [Re: mikemccue]
admin Offline

Thanks for your constructive feedback.
You are right we have to change it.

Warm regards
Antoni Ozynski