Topic Options
#6761 - 06/17/11 05:30 PM New Neon HR 2.0.0 - 2.0.2 Strange Happenings
Scrabble12 Offline

Loc: Tucson, Arizona
Left for a support topic on 06/10/2011.
Ver 2.0 of Neon HR will not retrieve the SAW Studio *.edl settings for Neon HR. This was never a problem for the previous iLok version of Neon HR all the way back to 2007 when Neon was purchased. How do I retrieve Neon HR settings for previously archived client projects?

For now, I have reverted to the last version of Neon HR. Obviously, this is an important issue.

Left for a support topic on 06/14/2011.
I have owned Neon HR since 2007. With 2.0 I cannot retrieve presets from the host *.edl file from previous projects. The host has the ability to save mix templates and separate channel templates. However, plugin data for NEON HR 2.0 cannot retrieve data created with NEON HR 1.5.1. Therefore, I have to manually restore those projects. What has gone wrong here? Something in the VST standard seems to be missing in NEON HR 2.0.

Today 06/17/2011--- I am still trying to decipher the Neon HR on my own. BTW, I am happy to be rid of iLok. (I hope!)

An accidental discovery.
Today I tried stacking lo cut [24db] filters as I have done on numerous occasions with version 1.5.1. With 2 filters stacked, I accidentally hit the "frequency (Hz)" on the left side of the Neon GUI. The 2 filters jumped, filter #1 jumped from 40hz to 50hz and filter #2 jumped from 40hz to 100hz. I then stacked 3 more filters at 40hz (a total of 5 filters). I again clicked the cursor on "frequency (Hz)". This time I got five different jumps of the corresponding to the 5 filters. Again #1 went to 50hz, #2 went to 100hz, #3 went to 250hz, #4 went to 500hz and lastly, #5 went to 1000hz. As each filter is engaged the audio level in the left channel gets quieter and quieter. With 5 filters engaged, there is about an 18db spread (right to left)in what was a stereo signal with very close levels on both the right and left channels.

This filter stacking has not been a problem in the past.

But most important is the problem of Neon HR 2.0.2 not being able to read Neon HR 1.5.1 created by the same host.

How about some solutions and customer service??? Or maybe someone else has run across this and knows more than me. (That's easy!) BTW my host is SAW Studio 4.9a.

Thanks,

Scrabble12

Edited by Scrabble12 (06/17/11 05:33 PM)

#6770 - 06/18/11 12:31 PM Re: New Neon HR 2.0.0 - 2.0.2 Strange Happenings [Re: Scrabble12]
Hubert Pietrzykowski PSP Offline

Loc: Warsaw
Hi,

What are those .edl files? Do they contain plug-in preset settings, or entire session?
In general, we cannot maintain full backwards compatibility when using host-provided preset management system. We strongly reccomend using our own custom preset system (presetbar) located at the bottom of the plug-in. The files saved using our presetbar can be interchangef between all hosts and platforms and will maintain backwards compatibility.
However, the settings saved in the host session file are supposed to load fine - thats why I ask you to provide me with more detail on those files.

Clicking on the leftmost area resets the corresponding row of controls. In case of frequencies some fixed predefined values will be restored - different for each eq band and spanning entire audible range. We introduced this functionality addressing users requests who consider it more convenient than defaulting all filters to the same value of, say, 500Hz.

#6776 - 06/18/11 02:02 PM Re: New Neon HR 2.0.0 - 2.0.2 Strange Happenings [Re: Scrabble12]
Scrabble12 Offline

Loc: Tucson, Arizona
Hubert,
SAW Studio *.edl files save all settings in the session including all plugin settings. This has worked fine since 2007 when I purchased the first PSP product, the Neon HR plugin. Now I cannot load the Neon HR settings (ver 1.5.1) from previous session *.edl files. If I uninstall Neon HR 2.0 and reinstall Neon HR Ver. 1.5.1 everything works fine.

You seem to say this is supposed to work. Help me find the fix.
Thanks,
Gary