Topic Options
#6735 - 06/11/11 07:40 AM Side Chaining in Mixpressor2
allister Offline

I want to use the Mixpressor as a Master comp but want to use side chain to allow for Bass frequencies to pass un processed, how do I do this?

#6747 - 06/13/11 05:29 PM Re: Side Chaining in Mixpressor2 [Re: allister]
mathias Offline

push the SCExt button.
when your host supports sidechaining via 4 inputs, you can set the sidechain input in your hostsoftware.
via SCL (sidechain listen) you can check it.

mathias

#6756 - 06/16/11 03:29 PM Re: Side Chaining in Mixpressor2 [Re: mathias]
Mateusz Wozniak PSP Offline

Hello,

The usage of the external side chain input depends on the application. In the case of RTAS and AU the side chain feature can be used as in other plug-ins having this feature.
In VST applications you need to notice that PSP MixPressor2 and PSP MasterComp are still VST 2.4 plug-ins. In this case you need to manually establish a four channel track or a buss first, then route your main stereo signal to L and R and your side chain control signal to another pair of inputs, then insert the plug-in into such a track or a buss. Now clicking on the EXT button should switch the plug-in to use external side chain signal.

Regards,

#6942 - 01/19/12 12:35 PM Re: Side Chaining in Mixpressor2 [Re: allister]
j'gtz Offline

Sorry, I've tried this suggestion in Ableton and can't get anywhere - no idea how to tell the Mixpressor which is the input signal. Are there any tutorials on this?

Thanks