Topic Options
#6515 - 11/28/10 03:30 PM sidechain in mastercomp compared to ableton live
FBFB Offline

dear users,
I have a question concerning the use of sidechain in psp mastercomp. it's a rather naive question but I have never used this plug-in and I'm looking forward to it as soon as possibile, also given the discount currently available.

I've been using ableton live and its compressor. its sidechaining is fairly simple and quick to manage: just select "audio from" in the sidechain option in the compressor, plus a few more parameters about the pre-effects, post-effects or post-mixer signal.

how does it work in mastercomp? I dont' seem to understand it by simply looking at the pics on the website. I can't see it.
how can you phisically tell the plug-in which daw channel it should receive the audio from into the sidechain?
my concern is to use it on the bass track to have it sidechained by the kick drum inside my ableton live projects. I'm an electronic music producer, so this is my point.

thank you very much for any help.

best regards.

#6516 - 11/29/10 10:41 AM Re: sidechain in mastercomp compared to ableton live [Re: FBFB]
toob Offline

Hi,

I purchased MasterComp today but I can't work out how to use the external side-chain feature. The "s.c. Ext" button will not activate.

Please help.

Regards,
toob.

#6517 - 11/29/10 10:43 AM Re: sidechain in mastercomp compared to ableton live [Re: toob]
toob Offline

btw - I am using Cubase 5.5

#6669 - 05/02/11 05:38 AM Re: sidechain in mastercomp compared to ableton live [Re: toob]
Mateusz Wozniak PSP Offline

The PSP MasterComp is a vst 2.4 plug-in. When used with VST applications it is important to setup four channel track before inserting the MasterComp. Route stereo signal to a first pair of channels and side chain signal to the other pair. Now you can insert PSP MasterComp and use the Ext button to select the external side chain signal.

Regards