Topic Options
#6454 - 08/13/10 12:48 PM Customer <-> Company <-> Activity & CPU efficiancy
TOMer Offline

I'm about to purchased TotalPack, after researching a lot about the different bundles on the market, comparing quality, features and affordability.

One factor I didn't take into consideration was credibility.
Now Antoni was very nice for returning my email and I can see that there is an Admin answering a few questions here and there, BUT, and I'm only suggesting that out of interest for your success:

1) When people spend hundreds and thousands of dollars on software they expect to feel secure that the company will continue working on updates, and that they won't get stuck suddenly with software that they paid a lot of money for, but is not compatible anymore with new systems.
2) Now I KNOW you are working on updates, that's not the main point, but there is no real feeling of the company being "alive" and "active"... I know you are not a big company but still I think you can do better to improve the social interaction between you and customers and future customers. For example:

- I've seen many replays in the forum happening weeks and months after the original post! That's no the way to do it... especially after I saw this post from someone about "Does PSP still on business", with no proper reply... People want to know there is someone at home.

- In general the forums are very hidden (It's not popping on the home page, you need to guess it's under Support (and not the more obvious, User Area) and even there you need to look for the link). It should really be more out-front, IMHO.

- The website need News section, so there will be a feeling of movement. You can put there links to reviews on products, videos with tutorials or youtube reviews, updates on products/updates in works, etc. (which reminds me - look at the dates of the recent posts in the "news" thread in the forum...they are pretty old)

To conclude this, Let the customers feel assured and have confidence about their investment in a certain company.
-----
On the other hand, It seems that you have a good variety of great products already, and I personally think that more time should be invested into improving their CPU efficiency, than coming up with new plugins for example, alongside promoting more heavily the current bundles. We (customers) mostly prefer better, more efficient products, than just having another new unit.

I've read your answers in gearslutz forums about not wanting to compromise on the quality, but (though I'm not a programmer) surely other companies are not selling shitty plugins (Waves, Sonnox, etc) but still the track count is higher with their stuff... Now I'm only writing that based on dozens of opinions and threads I read, so I guess there is something to it. I am yet to try it for myself (In a few days...!).

And about promotion - that can be done easily (and cheap=almost free) today, with self made video tutorials in youtube, mixing competitions, etc.

At the moment it appears to me that you get most of the expousre from VintageWarmer, whereas you need in my opinion to push the general idea that ALL you plugins should be knwon "industry standard used by famous producers/engineers"...

-----

Hope this will get through, as I'm totally for you. My 0.02$

Tom

#8726 - 03/06/14 03:43 PM Re: Customer <-> Company <-> Activity & CPU efficiancy [Re: TOMer]
Wojtek Marzec Offline

Loc: Warsaw
Agree, I'd like to see more PSP's educational-adverts on YouTube like those produced by FabFilter (really encouraging to buy a plugin and presenting valuable tips and tricks for beginners). PSP software simply deserves it, it's a piece of sound engineering steampunk adapted to digital times. Currently, VintageWarmer is being referred on YT by the guy, who doesn't know what the "ceiling" knob actually serves for. In fact, to understand VW in detail I had too analyse it through a series of tests, as the maual is also quite vague in some aspects. After all the product seems to be a tool reserved for golden ears. It surely needs a better propaganda. The same with other plugins, MasterQ, etc.