Topic Options
#6137 - 12/30/09 12:38 PM MasterComp Won't Pass Audio - PT 8.0.3 OS X 10.6.2
Brian Speronello Offline

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Hello Forum,

I recently upgraded my Mac Pro (8 Core 2.8 GHz | 6 GB RAM) to OS X 10.6.2 Snow Leopard and Pro Tools 8.0.3. I followed all of the recommended steps for upgrading from both Apple and Digidesign, and the only plug-in I have encountered a problem with is MasterComp. I have the PSP MasterPack, and all of my other PSP plug-ins work fine, as well as Waves, Sonnox, and Digi plugs. I also have all the most recent versions of the PSP plug-ins.

Here's what happened:

After finishing the install of Snow Leopard and Pro Tools 8.0.3, I went to open the last project I was working on just to make sure things were working properly. The session has an aux track set up with all of my mastering plug-ins for the song on it, in the following order: PSP MasterComp, PSP Neon, Waves LinerPhase Multi-Band, PSP Xenon, Sonnox OxfordLimiter.

When I first opened the session, I noticed that during the load process it made a single click/pop sound, which it hadn't done before. After the session was opened I pressed play, and even though I hadn't changed any of the settings, the mastering aux track wouldn't pass any audio. None of the original I/O had changed, so the tracks were all feeding the aux track, but the plug-ins weren't working.

I went through and disabled each plug-in (using the "make inactive" command), and sure enough after all the plug-ins on that aux track were inactive the song started playing. I then re-enabled them, and each PSP plug-in asked me for the answer to a challenge question. I hit cancel, since I use an iLok, and they turned back on but I still didn't have any playback.

I then went through and tried making different combinations of the plug-ins inactive, and was able to get playback with all the plug-ins but MasterComp turned on. I then wrote down the settings and saved a pre-set for MasterComp on that particular song, removed the MasterComp plug-in from the session, and saved it.

I then went to re-open the session, there was no strange pop/click sound, and the song played normally. I then tried to add MasterComp back in place, and once again the song wouldn't pass audio, and the strange click/pop sound came back when I would load the session.

This is what leads me to believe it's MasterComp causing the problem, so I went to the installer file (I have them saved on my computer) and did an un-install and re-install of MasterComp, but that didn't fix it. I also repaired the permissions using Disk Utility and it didn't help either.

I then quit Pro Tools, re-opened it, and created a test session to see if I could get MasterComp working outside of the session causing problems. I created a stereo pink noise track by printing the audio from signal generator onto an audio track, then I created a stereo aux and bussed the pink noise to the aux track, so that the signal pathway is the same as it is in the other session. I then opened MasterComp and loaded the pre-set from the first session, and MasterComp worked in the test session.

However, when I went back to the non-working session, MasterComp no longer passed audio, and if I tried to re-open the test session without quitting Pro Tools first, it also would no longer pass audio. If I quit Pro Tools and re-open the test session, MasterComp goes back to passing audio.

Any help?

#6155 - 01/08/10 05:54 AM Re: MasterComp Won't Pass Audio - PT 8.0.3 OS X 10.6.2 [Re: Brian Speronello]
crizdee Offline

Loc: Brighton UK
Hi,

I can confirm that MasterComp is broken in Snow Leopard and Pro Tools HD. It simply doesn't pass audio!!

Chris

#6163 - 01/08/10 06:02 PM Re: MasterComp Won't Pass Audio - PT 8.0.3 OS X 10.6.2 [Re: crizdee]
Free Mind Offline

Loc: Lodz, Poland
I can confirm too that MasterComp is broken in Snow Leopard and Pro Tools M-Powered 8.0.3.

#6213 - 01/19/10 11:03 PM Re: MasterComp Won't Pass Audio - PT 8.0.3 OS X 10.6.2 [Re: Free Mind]
bsp Offline

It is also broken in Logic and Live on 10.6. Bad enough to be unusable in both, but seemingly worse off in Logic.

#6251 - 03/27/10 01:27 AM Re: MasterComp Won't Pass Audio - PT 8.0.3 OS X 10.6.2 [Re: bsp]
Bhonem Offline

Is there a fix for the 10.6 problem yet?
This is basically the only thing that is holding me back into going into 10.6
I cannot work without this compressor and I think it would greatly help if you guys made it 64 bit compatible since MasterComp is quite power hungry it would probably help ease the processing demands.

It would be a wet dream for me to be able to run 15 instances of this comp.

#6364 - 05/28/10 05:58 AM Re: MasterComp Won't Pass Audio - PT 8.0.3 OS X 10.6.2 [Re: Bhonem]
Free Mind Offline

Loc: Lodz, Poland
Dear PSP guys,

the Snow Leopard was released on August 28 2009, but some of PSP plugins are still incompatible with OS 10.6 e.g. MasterComp. I can't use this plugin for months \:\(

#6369 - 05/31/10 11:57 AM Re: MasterComp Won't Pass Audio - PT 8.0.3 OS X 10.6.2 [Re: Free Mind]
admin Offline

Currently we are working on updates of the whole our product line.
Next will be MasterComp.

Antoni