Hi all, my name is James and I am currently doing a dissertation for my Masters degree at Sheffield University.

This is for those who compose their own music in a recording studios...

I just wanted to ask everyone if anyone would be interested in assisting me with my dissertation. The subject is about electro-acoustic composition and how both the environment of the recording studios / and the software interfaces of the musical software (Logic, ProTools, Wavelab, SoundForge etc.) affect the composer during the composition process.

I am hoping that composers; professional or amateur, would be willing to answer a few questions. Basically the questionnaire asks questions which you can ellaborate on as much as possible (the more the better). Once complete, hit submit and thats it!!! This will only concern composers that compose in the recording studios at the moment.

The purpose of my dissertation is to ascertain the problems that composers face when producing music so that future music software can be improved. It also attempts to examine how the recording studios hinders or assists the composer during the compositional stage.
Many thanks,

Musical Composition Software Questionnaire

Any takers?