Topic Options
#5981 - 09/18/09 06:49 PM Alphatrack and sQuad
BB54 Offline

Loc: Sweden
I have not bought theese yet, but are getting addicted to them (3 demo days left). Just love all the opportunities they bring to my mixes.

I use Frontierdesigns Alphatrack. One thing that is a little bit annoying is that some of the pages that I step trough to control all sQuad parameters looks something like this:

------ ------ ------
------ ------ ------

No parameter, no values, just a series of double ------
I just step past theese pages but it would be nice if they were not there. Is this perhaps some kind of bug, I don't know but it is the same for all sQuad plugs and I have not seen it anywhere else in the PSP collection or anywhere in other plugs i use.

Oh, almost forgot - a nice bonus when viewing the parameters in Alphatrack is that all values are visible, even those who is a bit hard to suss out when just watching the GUI.

Edited by BB54 (09/18/09 07:27 PM)

#5982 - 09/19/09 02:30 AM Re: Alphatrack and sQuad [Re: BB54]
Mateusz Wozniak PSP Offline

Hello,

Those empty parameters cannot gone (this would break compatibility), they are reserved for future expansion. Many of our plug-ins contains this solution. However we can change their "name" in future versions.

Regards,

#5991 - 09/20/09 06:33 PM Re: Alphatrack and sQuad [Re: Mateusz Wozniak PSP]
BB54 Offline

Loc: Sweden
OK, that's a straight answer. I don't remember seeing it in any other PSP plug, but if you say so... future expansion, huh? Intresting.

I bought them anyway, they make such great sounds of my acuoustic recordings. With the addition of sQuad, most of my sessions tend to be PSP powered in every way (with exeption only for reverb where I favour impulses).

By the way: are there no presets included?

Edited by BB54 (09/20/09 06:46 PM)

#6010 - 10/10/09 09:16 AM Re: Alphatrack and sQuad [Re: BB54]
Mateusz Wozniak PSP Offline

Currently we don't provide presets for sQuad plug-ins. We decided that a real equing is too case dependent to have presets like in reverb or delay. I hope the simlicity of those plug-ins will help to get the right sound instantly.

Regards,