Topic Options
#597 - 08/05/03 09:52 PM ProTools destroys VintageWarmed wav's
-=glEnn=- Offline

Hi there!

I'm having some issues with ProTools and imported wav's. Here the scenario:
I export audio as wave-files from ProTools LE (PC) and open them in WaveLab to be able to use Vintage Warmer. In wavelab i render the audio with whatever setting in VW that i find suiting, always matching the level so the volume is no louder than pre VW.
Anyway when i import the audio back in to ProTools everything looks and sounds just fine. Here's the problem: if i close ProTools and reboot the computer and open the session again, all VintageWarmed tracks are terrible distorted.
Does anyone have any ideas of what might cause this problem.

thanks
Mike

#598 - 08/06/03 03:26 PM Re: ProTools destroys VintageWarmed wav's
Mateusz Wozniak PSP Offline

Hello,

It is not possible in any way that the VintageWarmer it self (and any other plug-in as well) could make such a job. The plug-in only process the signal in floating point format and have no access to audio files. I guess that the Wavelab can do something strange with those files or there is a configuration problem (or 16-24 bit mismatch) somewhere, for instance input files are 16 bit and output files are 24 bit which may confuse the ProTools.
I guess that there might me many other reasons of this problem but it is rather not related to any specific plug-in.

Regards,

#599 - 08/06/03 05:53 PM Re: ProTools destroys VintageWarmed wav's
-=glEnn=- Offline

Thanks...
that was my thought also, i just wanted to check if this was a know issue.
I'll double check the bitrates of the files but i do think its 24bits all the way, The wierd thing is that ProTools doesnt complain when importing the files and play them just fine, only when closing the session and opening it again the problem apears.
/mike