Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#6746 - 06/13/11 05:20 PM Re: Question about mix knob and Bob Katz's book [Re: mathias]
Sonic-Impulse Offline

Well, yeah got your point - mine remains. I like your idea of having the possibility to switch the metering point, that would be the solution for me.

And even much more I like your idea of relying on some plugins you know and not to switch to new ones all the time. Even if there is still the problem, that sometimes you have to update one link in the chain and this can have more or less obvious side-effects on the others forcing you to experience, be careful and find out again!

And I totally agree, that the PSP stuff is among the best you can get, as I never had ANY SONIC issue so far. And this is a very rare thing among all those plugins out there!

And back to the MasterComp: I wouldn't even bother writing here, if I wouldn't be so happy with this compressor. This is the only reason, why it bothers me, that I can't read the gain reduction the way it would be (still!) logic for me and that I can't set the threshold to -50dB.

#6759 - 06/17/11 05:00 AM Re: Question about mix knob and Bob Katz's book [Re: Sonic-Impulse]
Sonic-Impulse Offline

One last time I want to come back to your "overall compression" Matthias: Parallel Compression is originally achieved by splitting one signal on two channels, than leaving one alone, compressing the other and combining the two signals back on the mix bus in dedicated proportions.

Now some manufactures offer parallel compression in one unit, a great time safer and also reducing the danger of having latency issues between the two channels uncompressed / compressed. But the meter should make me capable to watch what the compressor's doing - just like if I would work with two channels. This way I can - in addition to my ears - control what he's doing in an exact way.

Sorry to say, but your theory is just theory to me and of hardly any practical use.

How are the officials of PSP thinking about my proposals? Is there any chance we gonna see the -50dB threshold plus the different metering in a future update? Thanks for your reply!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2