Topic Options
#5257 - 06/10/07 04:04 PM Neon HR Beta Latency Issues
Dave Davis Offline

Loc: Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Hi,

First, let me say I love NeonHR - it's wonderful sounding, and one of my first-try EQs for mastering. The new beta is more stable, less resource hungry, and still sounds great. One issue I've had with it however has been constant: Latency compensation rarely works.

I've used it in PT, but mostly soundBlade. While both applications easily handle heavy 3rd party plug, NeonHR is always stuttering, and wierdly dumps it's buffer when I hit playback. In other words, I often hear the last bits of what I'd previously played, before hearing new sound. The playhead lags by a similar amount. This happens no matter how i set my latency reporting preferences, but only on NeonHR. Waves, TC, Metric Halo, Izotope and RND plugs all work great, with none of this.

Help!

#5258 - 06/11/07 03:52 PM Re: Neon HR Beta Latency Issues
Dave Davis Offline

I've done some additional testing, and can verify the problems are unique to NeonHR itself, not the latency compensation of host applications.

In soundBlade, the biggest problem is "buffer-barf": when I hit play it starts by dumping the last thing in the buffer from the previous play, then it proceeds to play the first part of the of the selection twice before continuing. Very odd! I don't see other plugs doing this, only NeonHR (Mastercomp, another heavy plug, is fine). I'm using v1.5 from the beta, last week, if that matters.

PSP NeonHR is the ideal companion to sB, providing a critical tool not in the shipping product. A high quality LP eq is a necessary part of a high end mastering DAW, which sB most definitely is. I believe they have a free demo of v1.2, which you can grab and test any fixes on. It's a unique opportunity for PSP, which VW and MasterComp already leverage.... but NeonHR is the natural path into your stable of products for sB users. Please help!

-d-

#5259 - 06/16/07 09:32 PM Re: Neon HR Beta Latency Issues
Mateusz Wozniak PSP Offline

Thanks for your input on this subject. I think that Hubert will take care of those issues.

Regards,

#5260 - 06/21/07 07:22 PM Re: Neon HR Beta Latency Issues
Dave Davis Offline

Any word on progress? I'm jonesing to use Neon again, but alas, it's too buggy in soundBlade! All my other stuff works fine.

-d-

#5261 - 06/27/07 02:00 PM Re: Neon HR Beta Latency Issues
ARTHANOR Productions Offline

Loc: Geneva, Switzerland
Hi guys,

I have also experienced the same latency issues when using Neon HR with soundBlade, as well as ProTools HD3, especially when using the "Max Resolution" and "Fat" functions.
Please feel free if I can be of any help for testing.

Kindest regards,

#5262 - 07/03/07 05:55 PM Re: Neon HR Beta Latency Issues
Scrabble12 Offline

Loc: Tucson, Arizona
Hi,

On SAW Studio I have used as many as 3 instances of Neon HR FAT, LP and MAX with 30% CPU usage with no stuttering at all.

Scrabble