Topic Options
#5249 - 05/27/07 05:56 PM PSP Neon HR and Neon v 1.5.0 for OSX UB and Windows public beta
Antoni Ozynski PSP Offline

Dear users,

Registered users of the Neon can download from our registering center
https://www.PSPaudioware.com/register/login.php
new public beta of the Neon (v 1.5.0). Please inform us if you find any bugs.
Your bug reports please post here or send to support@PSPaudioware.com
In your report please describe your system configuration.
Your feedback will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Warm regards from hot Warsaw
Antoni Ozynski

-----------
REQUIREMENTS
------------

MAC:
- PowerPC G4 or G5 or
- Intel Mac
- Mac OSX 10.4 or later
- AudioUnit, VST or RTAS host application
- ProTools TDM/LE 7.3 or later for running RTAS

PC:
- Intel Pentium II CPU or later,
- CPU with SSE support is strongly recommended,
- Windows XP with ServicePack 2,
- VST or RTAS host application (DirectX format no longer supported)
- ProTools TDM/LE 7.3 or later for running RTAS

#5250 - 05/28/07 12:27 AM Re: PSP Neon HR and Neon v 1.5.0 for OSX UB and Windows public beta
davepsp Offline

I tried the 1.5 beta version in cubase SX3 in a project where i had 8 insances running in linear phase mode at the max setting and my cpu load went from 75-80 % to about 45%. Nice work!!! What have you chaged in this version to get it so efficient and still maintain the great sound quality.

Dave

#5251 - 05/28/07 11:36 AM Re: PSP Neon HR and Neon v 1.5.0 for OSX UB and Windows public beta
Hubert Pietrzykowski PSP Offline

Loc: Warsaw
We entirely redesigned the algorithm and layout of the buffers in memory. Sharing the filter kernel among multiple eq bands allows for much more efficient convolution while giving the same results in terms of frequency response. Another advantages are: much lower accumulated error due to fewer number of calculations needed to perform filtering and smaller processing latency.
The performance gain from using new algorithm is particulary apparent when the hardware buffer size is huge.

#5252 - 05/31/07 03:24 AM Re: PSP Neon HR and Neon v 1.5.0 for OSX UB and Windows public beta
Wally Offline

Hi,
Neon (and MasterComp, 42, 84 and Nitro) are frozen. I cannot change any parameters or switch presets. I can enable, and disable the plug, and move it around on my screen. That's it.

I'm using a brand new Mac Pro 2.66, with 5GB RAM, OSX10.4.9 (combo installation) and Digital Performer 5.1.2.

It is just me, or are other Intel Mac users having this problem?

#5253 - 05/31/07 06:00 AM Re: PSP Neon HR and Neon v 1.5.0 for OSX UB and Windows public beta
clambake Offline

Hi,

Neon HR 1.50

No clicks before/during regions

Access to rear panel no problem

Inputting values via keyboard works as advertised

'On/Off' switch no longer mutes audio in 'off' position

Latency Compensation = LP OFF works as advertised with PDC in Logic set to ALL

Latency Compensation = ALWAYS results in large delay between Neoned and non-Neoned tracks. Logic PDC set to ALL

Mac Dual 2Ghz G5 1 GB RAM OS X 10.4.8 / Logic Pro 7.2.3 / Audiofire 8 (latest driver 3.11) / Delta 1010 (latest driver 2.06)

#5254 - 05/31/07 10:38 AM Re: PSP Neon HR and Neon v 1.5.0 for OSX UB and Windows public beta
Hubert Pietrzykowski PSP Offline

Loc: Warsaw
clambake, did you restart the plug-in after changing the latency mode to 'ALWAYS'? (removing the plug-in from the slot and starting it again).
do you know if there's any way to check the reported delay value in Logic? I know how to make it in Nuendo or ProTools but not in Logic. Knowing this value might help.

#5255 - 06/01/07 12:52 AM Re: PSP Neon HR and Neon v 1.5.0 for OSX UB and Windows public beta
clambake Offline

Hi Hubert,

Whoops. Missed that bit in the manual. Switched the setting, removed the plugin and reloaded it and all was fine.

Great Plugin!

Thanks.

#5256 - 06/06/07 09:13 PM Re: PSP Neon HR and Neon v 1.5.0 for OSX UB and Windows public beta
Antoni Ozynski PSP Offline

Neon and Neon HR 1.5.0 were released today (06/06/007) as an official released versions.