Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#5207 - 08/10/06 12:02 PM Neon HR Squeal
tcbb Offline

Loc: SF
Im finding that I often get sporadic LOUD sqeals, like digital feedback, when I sweep the frequency bands on the Neon HR in LP mode. No clicking and popping, and my CPU meter in Cubase SX is only at 40%.

Anyone else experiencing this?

#5208 - 08/10/06 09:17 PM Re: Neon HR Squeal
davepsp Offline

Ya, I get the same thing. When I have the headphones on it blows my ear drums out. Hope it is fixed in the next version. BTW I use CubaseSX 3.0.

#5209 - 08/11/06 07:14 AM Re: Neon HR Squeal
tcbb Offline

Just to clarify, I'm actually on cubase SX 3.1.1 build 944.However I've now confirmed this in Sony Sound Forge as well, so apparently it isn't host specific.

I also have determined that this can happen when adjusting any of the band parameters- Frequency, Gain or Q.

#5210 - 08/19/06 12:16 AM Re: Neon HR Squeal
tcbb Offline

wow, so wheres the support?

I'm noticing this, and several other issues on this message board going unacknowledge for over a weeks time,

Is this the benefit of becoming a paid customer?

Not trying to be rude, but I find this lack of attention rather rude after just investing several hundred dollars into this product.

#5211 - 08/21/06 09:58 AM Re: Neon HR Squeal
Hubert Pietrzykowski PSP Offline

Loc: Warsaw
Here's the support...
We spent a lot of effort to minimize the glitches you are talking about in version 1.1.0. Apparently we did not manage to get rid of them (even though the testers said they did not experience them anymore with new version). The reason for glitches is thread synchronization. Seems like we need to make it even more strict. I want to apologize for the inconvenience. Apparently the plug-in requires an update.

#5212 - 09/07/06 11:03 PM Re: Neon HR Squeal
tcbb Offline

Still patiently waiting to be able to use this plug-in for the purpose I intended when I purchased it, that is to have a automatable high quality VST eq plug-in.

In it's current state, parameter movements can not be automated without risking brutal audio anomalies caused by these thread synchronization bugs.

Any idea when these issues might be resolved?

Thanks

#5213 - 09/18/06 06:15 PM Re: Neon HR Squeal
tcbb Offline

Still patiBEEEEEEEEEEPently waiting

#5214 - 09/19/06 12:51 PM Re: Neon HR Squeal

Can't tell when this issue will be resolved because we have some other extremely urgent things to do at the moment. I will start working on it as soon as I can.
By the way - I don't really think the plug-in can be effectively automated while the audio is being played back - at least not in LP mode due to latency issues and heavy calculation requirements.

#5215 - 09/22/06 07:46 PM Re: Neon HR Squeal
tcbb Offline

Quote:
"I don't really think the plug-in can be effectively automated while the audio is being played back - at least not in LP mode due to latency issues and heavy calculation requirements."
Well that really to bad, especially considering other LP EQ's available on the market are fully capable of this. Seems as if PSP may be in over their heads on this plug. Good luck, and I hope you don't give up on making these practical capabilities a reality. Its kind of impractical to think someone would want a mastering EQ that wasn't capable of parameter adjustment during playback. Do you really expect the source material to require the same hard setting during quiet verse passages as the chorus might need? I know this doesn't fit the way that I work.

#5216 - 09/25/06 01:18 PM Re: Neon HR Squeal

What I meant was not that you would't be able to automate the parameters at all. I only meant that due to amount of calculation needed to recalculate the impulse response it takes some time before the changes take effect. This f.ex. makes smooth filter sweeps difficult. Of course changing the eq settings from one set of values to another will be possible.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >