Topic Options
#5172 - 06/07/06 04:48 PM new version delay compensation
davepsp Offline

Hi, I Just tried the demo version of the Neon HR. This is an excellent EQ that I will be purchasing if and when delay compensation is added. When will the new version be released? Also I am new to the ilok. If I wish to have Neon HR running on two machines at the same time do I need to purchase another Ilok and another license for $299.00 or do I just need to purchase another Ilok?

Thanks in advance

#5173 - 06/08/06 09:01 AM Re: new version delay compensation
Antoni Ozynski PSP Offline

just another iLok and you will need to contact us

Antoni

#5174 - 08/03/06 07:53 PM Re: new version delay compensation
Hubert Pietrzykowski PSP Offline

Loc: Warsaw
the new version (1.1) has full delay compensation option (in all modes)

#5175 - 08/14/06 01:11 PM Re: new version delay compensation
greendoor Offline

Neon Demo 1.1 PC VST has latency issues with Cubase SX3 on my P4. On loading this plugin, the default setting has no filters enabled, and the GUI reports a latency of 7000+ samples, which is correctly compensated for. But as soon as a filter is enabled, the latency changes, but SX3 doesn't compensate for the changed latency. Enabling more filters makes this worse. Engaging LP gives a much greater latency, which is at least consistent. This would require manually compensating for latency. When Neon is unloaded - the original latency compensation delay stays in place! Very odd. This is only corrected by installing another plugin, and then unloading it. This implies that the fault is not Cubase, but Neon - because it seems Neon is not reporting latency changes back to Cubase like other plugins do. I use other plugins with huge latencies (like SIR) and they work fine with Cubase SX3.

#5176 - 08/21/06 10:09 AM Re: new version delay compensation
Hubert Pietrzykowski PSP Offline

Loc: Warsaw
You can either set the plug-in to work in fixed latency mode (in its preferences) or make Cubase aware that the latency introduced by the plug-in changes whenever you switch the band on/off (please refer to Cubase documentation on how to this). We could not use the standard method of informing VST host that the latency has changed, as many hosts do not support it and crash whenever this function is called.