Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#5117 - 03/15/06 02:08 AM oh man
alphajerk Offline

i was all excited to see this new plugin and saw it required iLok. i hate to not get it but that sucks you are requiring iLok now.

#5118 - 03/15/06 06:57 AM Re: oh man
Antoni Ozynski PSP Offline

Individual dongles sucks I agree but iLok is different. Have you ever tried it?
I observed that many people after starting using iLok they start begging developers
about using this kind of copy protection. Recently we received a lot of requests about it.
I know that also other developers such NI (visit their forum) are receiving such requests.
In my opinion iLok it is the most convenient authorization system.
I have to say that it is much more convenient then our standard system.
Recently I changed computer and I was very frustrated with authorizing all my
software (especially hundreds of plug-ins).
It was such annoying thing to find all codes, serials, passwords and so on.
In this case I was thinking that cracked versions which not require any serial #
are much more convenient.
With iLok you just install the software and install drivers for your iLok on new computer
and you can have access to over 100 authorization immediately.

We had (at least in my opinion) and we will still have (at least I hope) user friendly policy.
We don't want to change our attitude with changing our copy protection system.
For example for sure we won't ask you to buy our software again if you loose or
broke your dongle. Sometimes people contacted us because they lost their laptops with
all info, about their plug-ins and it wasn't a problem to generate for them new codes
So why in case of iLok it will be a problem?
Of course we don't generate asset for unknown user or for one user 5 times during one week
but I can imaginne that during some realistic period of time you can asked
about 2nd authorization so what is the disadvantage of this solution.

Warm regards from foggy Poland
Antoni Ozynski

#5119 - 03/15/06 10:30 AM Re: oh man
David Petch Offline

Well, if all new products of yours are requiring iLok, you have lost a long time registered user.

I have little problem with using a dongle, but the iLok driver has been hell for years on many PCs that I have used -- the problems with the Pace driver and PCs is legendary. It has caused BSODs and crashes (which has been reported by many, MANY users). With subsequent updates, it has gotten better but still causes problems.

The dongle that has not caused me any problems is by Syncrosoft and is used by Steinberg, IK Multimedia and Vienna Symphonic Library (VSL)

If you guys went with Syncrosoft, I would still support your company. As it stands now (by using Pace iLok) for you future programs, unfortunately, your company and my money will soon part ways.

I wish you guys the best of luck in the future but I will not support Pace.

Sorry.

#5120 - 03/15/06 10:45 AM Re: oh man
ilysm Offline

Was about to ask whether Synchrosoft could be used instead of iLok but it seems, from David's post, that this is not the case. I don't know about iLok but Syncrosoft works very well plus, apart from the issue mentionned by David, it would have been smarter to use this protection that Steinberg already use...in order to avoid ending up with all USB ports busy!!!

#5121 - 03/15/06 12:51 PM Re: oh man
Rune Pedersen Offline

Loc: Norway
Too bad PSP will be using iLoc protection. That means I won't be getting any of those new sweet looking plugs :-(

#5122 - 03/15/06 01:03 PM Re: oh man
steff Offline

Well, I would also choose synchrosoft over iLok.

But I am not holding my breath at the moment as PSP probably uses iLok due to the RTAS/Digi stuff.

I have one lying around, will try now, hope it will behave more like my syncrosoft or XSkey than the pace C/R protection I know from former times.

best

#5123 - 03/15/06 03:28 PM Re: oh man
abacab Offline

Loc: Montreal
Why not to have the choice for iLok or Syncrosoft?
As a Cubase SX user, for sure I could be happier to be able to drop new licences on that key.
Good luck anyway with that new way to protect your nice works...

RW

#5124 - 03/16/06 06:22 AM Re: oh man
Antoni Ozynski PSP Offline

We were thinking about it but in may opinion iLok is much more universal also it is much easir to manage authorizations from diffrent vendors.

Antoni Ozynski

#5125 - 03/16/06 10:12 AM Re: oh man
aapee Offline

Hi Antoni!

I am proud owner of all of your plugins. One question. Is this really final that you won't release Neon HR with normal (like previous) registration procedure? I would absolutely buy it but iLok is something I would like to avoid. Because of Pace driver...

your faithfull customer,

Ari-Pekka Laukkanen
APart-Studio
Finland

#5126 - 03/16/06 01:01 PM Re: oh man
Phil Fee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Antoni Ozynski PSP:
We were thinking about it but in may opinion iLok is much more universal also it is much easir to manage authorizations from diffrent vendors.

Antoni Ozynski
Antoni, I already have the syncrosoft dongle for Halion and Cubase SX so I could live with that but I will never put PACE on my machines.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >