Topic Options
#5080 - 05/15/07 01:07 AM Get someone to copy the Echoboy presets
bon Offline

Loc: Australia
I bought this plug when it came out and have not ever used it in a session. You probably think I'm lazy but actually I'm just to busy to be messing with tweeking all day. Although I do love to tweek!
I don't like your presets........well............I don't have a use for your presets.
Crazy presets are fun and show how wild and imaginative you guys are.
Presets that work in a track are harder to make and perhaps show that you are more programers than producers of contemporary music.
Because you don't have any vocal presets I figure that your programers aren't into pop or rock vocal sounds.
I and many others like to find a preset and start tweeking from there.
There are some stock standard presets for vocals that should be included. Same for percussion and guitars.
Basic stuff.
So why not pay some kid to copy the presets from Echoboy. Those guys nailed it. It's a good place to start.
I see that someone has posted some Shadows type sounds. Thats a good addition. That guy over there with the black glasses and slicked back hair will be real happy.
The rest of us would be happy with some basic presets that displayed some knowledge of the market that you are in.

While I'm at it, your pre sets for both Lexicon units are also very lacking. I never use those either.
But your settings for Nitro are a great starting point and I use them all the time.
You probably need to support your products with some back up every now and then. Like a little mail out that says"Hey everyone we have some new presets available for your plugs"
Once again the guys at SoundToys make regular preset packs available as a free download.
And even better is that the presets are very useable and musical.
At the moment I use and recommend "Fabfilter Timeless" because of the great preset starting points. Of course there are multiple Echoboys in every session.
So how about some great basic presets guys. Show us what your plugs can do!
It's not much fun having products that are "the best kept secret"

#5081 - 05/15/07 11:32 AM Re: Get someone to copy the Echoboy presets
Mateusz Wozniak PSP Offline

Helo,

Thanks for your post.
I think that the better choise for basic tracks would be a Lexicon PSP42 or PSP84 which are more classic delays and provides good sound which might better work on classic pop tracks then the 608MD. The multi delay with its saturation and filtration ptions per every delay is more lika a creative tool. Just my persnal idea.

Is there anyone who would like to prepare some extra basic every day usable presets for typical tracks? This would be fine to add them permanently to our delays' series.

The PSP84 is not a Lexicon, it shares some basic ideas with Lexicon PSP42 but it is our own biger brother solution. In my opinion PSP42 and PSP84 provides some standard presets to strat wth but of course there migh be many situations when they really don't do the job. From my practise I remember that there where some settings where disengaging some of plug-in's sub algorithms provided almost ready sound for some tracks I mixed.
...and with the simplicity of Lexicn PSP42 it is realy easy to find the right sound within seconds.

Regards,

#5082 - 05/16/07 01:29 AM Re: Get someone to copy the Echoboy presets
bon Offline

Thanks for your reply.....and not taking offence.
I'm going to try and emulate some of the Echoboy presets using the PSP84.
There are are time on my HD rig when I can't afford to lose an entire chip to 1 instantiation of Echoboy. If I can get the same sound using an RTAS version of PSP84 I will be saving a lot of TDM DSP.
If I succeed in cloning the presets I will be happy to post them.

#5083 - 05/16/07 01:48 PM Re: Get someone to copy the Echoboy presets
bon Offline

Well I spent 2 hours on that task before giving it up as pure folly.
I only manged to make 3 simple presets sound the same.
Echoboy has way to many parameters that the PSP84 doesn't.

The upside is that I learned a lot about the PSP84.
One interesting thing abot Echoboy is that some of the presets are mono. That is the left and right delay and feedback can be panned centre.
I couldn't mange that with the PSP84. They were always left and right. You CAN pan the feedbacks but the L+R delays are hardwired L+R.
Any way around that?

Moderator:  Mateusz Wozniak PSP, PSPaudio