Topic Options
#4987 - 07/26/07 08:38 AM MasterComp/VintageWarmer - clicks before region
clambake Offline

Just discovered that the new version of Toast 8 that supports AU plugs doesn't add clicks to audio files when using MC or VW and then burning CD's. Toast however only lets you do Fade Ins on the first track only (go figure?) - and has no waveform dispay - making trimming audio files for basic CD mastering a real drag.

Unfortunately Logic and Waveburner are still plagued by clicks using MC and VW.

I desperately want to use these plugs for basic mastering jobs but so far using them with Spark XL, Logic, Waveburner and the DSP Quattro demo always results in clicks. Is this issue likely to be fixed soon?

cheers

Scott

#4988 - 07/26/07 05:43 PM Re: MasterComp/VintageWarmer - clicks before region
Dave Davis Offline

Loc: Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Hey Scott,

This isn't what you asked, but I use both in SonicStudio's soundBlade. Since the app is 64 bit signal path, both really chew through cpu, but no clicks...

-d-

#4989 - 07/27/07 01:10 AM Re: MasterComp/VintageWarmer - clicks before region
clambake Offline

Thanks Dave - I downloaded a demo - but then I saw the price! As far as I can figure it works aout to about $2000 Australian which is a bit beyond my budget.

Nice to know companies are still developing high end audio solutions for the Mac though.

cheers

Scott

#4990 - 07/27/07 08:37 AM Re: MasterComp/VintageWarmer - clicks before region
Mateusz Wozniak PSP Offline

Clambake, the price of the PSP MC is 249USD so it is probably less then $300 Australian, not 2000.
The initial click was reported only in Logic so far, this is the firs time we receive a report about any other application.
We are working on this issue.
If you are not a FAT user, you can try the VWLE which has no initial click and no FAT.

Regards,

#4991 - 07/27/07 09:18 AM Re: MasterComp/VintageWarmer - clicks before region
clambake Offline

Hi Mateusz,

Sorry for the confusion. The $2000 referred to SonicStudios SoundBlade software mentioned by Dave in the previous post - not the AU price of MasterComp. I already own MasterComp and VintageWarmer.

Love 'em - except for those darn clicks . . .

Download the demo of DSP Quattro on a PPC Mac if you can. Create a playlist for CD burning and insert MC/VW. Every time you audition a track you get a click before the song.

As I mentioned Toast is click free - so the question is what does Toast do with MC/VW2 that Logic, Waveburner and DSP Quattro doesn't?

cheers

Scott

#4992 - 07/28/07 10:21 AM Re: MasterComp/VintageWarmer - clicks before region
Mateusz Wozniak PSP Offline

Does the problm in DSP Q occurs with VST or AU plug-ins?