Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#4970 - 06/14/07 03:14 PM Re: PSP MasterComp v 1.5.3 public beta
crizdee Offline

Loc: Brighton UK
 Quote:
Originally posted by Mateusz Wozniak PSP:
crizdee - does the problem refer to sound or only meters?

Regards,
Hi,

Sound! (and meters) with the release set to max (10 secs) it takes approx 30 seconds to return to full volume, with the release set to min (01 sec) it dips down fully and comes back up in approx 300-500ms.

It happens when you turn the on/off switch back to on!!

With the link knob set to zero, i was only having the left channel dipping down? the right would stay up? with the link knob fully up then both channels would dip. Thats the only connection i could find.

Chris

#4971 - 06/14/07 04:15 PM Re: PSP MasterComp v 1.5.3 public beta
Mateusz Wozniak PSP Offline

The setup release time is always refered to boost by for instance 10 or 20dB (I would need to take a look at specifications) it means that when the reduction goes deeper the release time is longer. What's more the release time depends on the sound processed and the release operation mode (auto, classic) so for real life processing the release time may vary drastically.
As in this case the release happens for Off/On switching we will take a look at this if we could redesign it to be more usable.

Regards,

#4972 - 06/15/07 02:53 AM Re: PSP MasterComp v 1.5.3 public beta
Wally Offline

MasterComp v1.5.3 public beta appears to be functioning properly in Digital Performer 5.1.2.

Thank you!

#4973 - 06/16/07 10:03 PM Re: PSP MasterComp v 1.5.3 public beta
mathias Offline

Quote:

Hi,
Sound! (and meters) with the release set to max (10 secs) it takes approx 30 seconds to return to full volume, with the release set to min (01 sec) it dips down fully and comes back up in approx 300-500ms.
It happens when you turn the on/off switch back to on!!

With the link knob set to zero, i was only having the left channel dipping down? the right would stay up? with the link knob fully up then both channels would dip. Thats the only connection i could find.
here it happenes only (like said above) when the metering is in gain-reduction-setting and i switch off and on again, with pre or post setting for metering everything is fine.
mathias

#4974 - 06/23/07 02:26 AM Re: PSP MasterComp v 1.5.3 public beta
Beeker Offline

Loc: Minneapolis, US
I am using "Tracktion 3" on PPC Mac 2.5 Dual. When the song is playing, opening the GUI for editing causes Tracktion to lockup. It seems to work fine on PC and possibly Intel Mac. The Old version of Master Comp works better but is glitchy. Neon, MasterComp, Vintage Warmer 2 all seem to have this problem (slow and glitchy), just checking if anybody else is having problems...

#4975 - 06/23/07 02:29 AM Re: PSP MasterComp v 1.5.3 public beta
Beeker Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mathias:
hallo,
so here comes my little beta-story:
my setting: samsung laptop, pentium m 1.86, 1 g ram,
samplitude 9.1 (also sam 8.31 and 8.21)

mastercomp 1.5.3 is working fine on the first look, but then there came some strange things. when inserted after another plugin in the chain, there is no sound, when the first plugin is disabled the sound comes back and mastercomp is working fine. i discovered by accident, when i have two plugins before mastercomp it works fine .

does not matter what plugins, but they must set active in sam-mixer (can be unactive inside the plugin). with three plugins before again no sound, with four again sound. looks like a samplitude problem with plugins with multiple inputs, because i had the same problem a time ago with another plugin with multiple inputs (rayspace). it was solved with a stereo-in version.
i did not try again with what i found out for mastercomp.
i went back in samplitude versions, sam 8.31 the same, then in sam 8.21 everything was running fine
no problem with plugins before.
but i work now in 9.1 :rolleyes: .
project-exchange is not working so good between the versions.
i will write samplitude-support about this, too.
but maybe you can find out something within this version-change (8.21 to 8.31) to make the plugins work in samplitude.

p.s. by the way, all the same with mc beta 1.5.2
I have this exact problem with EasyVerb using "Tracktion 3"

#4976 - 06/24/07 11:55 AM Re: PSP MasterComp v 1.5.3 public beta

Beeker: The EV audio locking problem is solved in new EV 1.5.4. This ew version should be available in few days.

Which version of MC does locup Traction? We are also working on some issues in MC and I wonder f we already solved this issue or still need to work on it. You can try the 1.5.3 Beta which contains a very important update to get back compatible to MC 1.0. The current 1.5.2 is not session/project compatible to 1.0 and the 1.5.3 Beta so please switch as soon as possible to reduce the number of problems in the future.

Regards,

#4977 - 06/25/07 05:16 AM Re: PSP MasterComp v 1.5.3 public beta
Beeker Offline

Version 1.5.3 has the most problems. Version 1.0 actually works ok but not great. I am referring to the GUI not the sound. It sounds wonderful.

thanks,
b

#4978 - 06/25/07 08:25 AM Re: PSP MasterComp v 1.5.3 public beta

What problems with 1.5.3 do ou have? As far as we know tha 1.5.3 is the best version from all 1.5.x versions. Did you redownload the 1.5.3 after the initial problem with locked GUI in some hosts?

#4979 - 06/26/07 12:49 PM Re: PSP MasterComp v 1.5.3 public beta
clambake Offline

MC 1.53 beta AU/PPC/Logic 7.2.3 still has some issues - some new, some old. There are still highly annoying clicks occurring before regions making mixing incredibly difficult, there is still no access to the rear panel settings and audio fades out and then back in again when toggling the on/off switch.

Are any other Logic or AU users experiencing the same problem?

Can you give some insight into the new classic release mode? I read the tech explanation but I'm curious as to what 'classic' exactly means - 'classic' as in LA2A, Fairchild, Neve . . .?

Scott

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >