Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#4960 - 06/08/07 06:42 AM PSP MasterComp v 1.5.3 public beta
Antoni Ozynski PSP Offline

I have just uploaded into our server new public beta version of the PSP MasterComp v 1.5.3
You will find it at the same place where you found previous beta (access from your account page at our registering center).

MC v.1.5.3
Fixed compatibility issue to old MC 1.0 versions.
Fixed non stored SC External button.
Fixed "frozen plug-in problem" under newest Peak, DP.

Looking forward to hearing your feedback.

Antoni Ozynski

#4961 - 06/08/07 04:33 PM Re: PSP MasterComp v 1.5.3 public beta
mathias Offline

hallo,
so here comes my little beta-story:
my setting: samsung laptop, pentium m 1.86, 1 g ram,
samplitude 9.1 (also sam 8.31 and 8.21)

mastercomp 1.5.3 is working fine on the first look, but then there came some strange things. when inserted after another plugin in the chain, there is no sound, when the first plugin is disabled the sound comes back and mastercomp is working fine. i discovered by accident, when i have two plugins before mastercomp it works fine .

does not matter what plugins, but they must set active in sam-mixer (can be unactive inside the plugin). with three plugins before again no sound, with four again sound. looks like a samplitude problem with plugins with multiple inputs, because i had the same problem a time ago with another plugin with multiple inputs (rayspace). it was solved with a stereo-in version.
i did not try again with what i found out for mastercomp.
i went back in samplitude versions, sam 8.31 the same, then in sam 8.21 everything was running fine
no problem with plugins before.
but i work now in 9.1 :rolleyes: .
project-exchange is not working so good between the versions.
i will write samplitude-support about this, too.
but maybe you can find out something within this version-change (8.21 to 8.31) to make the plugins work in samplitude.

then another funny behaviour of mastercomp (in all samplitude-versions):
when the metering is in gain-reduction-mode and i switch mc off and on (inside the plugin), the sound is coming slowly from silence until it is at the adjusted working point of mc. not really a problem, but unpractical.
i found that the time the sound needs to recover, depends on the release setting. the faster it is, the faster it recovers, but not exactly the same time as release-setting, it is slower than actual release time.
in pre or post-metersetting nothing like this occurs.
so that is it for now. it was really a journey to find this out. i hope this can be fixed, because i really like working with your plugins \:\) .
old versions work fine here, so no time stress ;\)
greetings from southgermany to poland
mathias

p.s. by the way, all the same with mc beta 1.5.2

#4962 - 06/09/07 11:15 PM Re: PSP MasterComp v 1.5.3 public beta
crizdee Offline

Loc: Brighton UK
 Quote:

Looking forward to hearing your feedback.

Antoni Ozynski [/QB]
Hi,

The beta 1.5.3 when loading Pro tools TDM sessions it isn't recalling the side chain filter settings. the pots are at their default settings and the filters are set to hi and lo boost.

reverted back to beta 1.5.2 for now!!

Chris

#4963 - 06/09/07 11:33 PM Re: PSP MasterComp v 1.5.3 public beta
crizdee Offline

Hi,

At a closer look it seems its also the link / tilt / mix / output /and the release classic button has turned itself on

threshold attack and ratio seem ok

Chris

#4964 - 06/10/07 07:11 PM Re: PSP MasterComp v 1.5.3 public beta
terminal3 Offline

Loc: London, UK
Installer bug: I unchecked 'install pace interlok extensions' under the custom install menu, but, it ran the pace installer anyway.

#4965 - 06/11/07 02:26 PM Re: PSP MasterComp v 1.5.3 public beta
Mateusz Wozniak PSP Offline

MC 1.5.3 is not project compatible with MC 1.5.2 however it should recall sessions of all old release versions 1.0.x
Please don't revert to 1.5.2 as the change of the 1.5.3 preset list is a fix of 1.5.2 bug and is much better then 1.5.2. Please take a look - sessions now should save and load fine with 1.5.3.

Regards,

#4966 - 06/11/07 03:53 PM Re: PSP MasterComp v 1.5.3 public beta
crizdee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Mateusz Wozniak PSP:
MC 1.5.3 is not project compatible with MC 1.5.2 however it should recall sessions of all old release versions 1.0.x
Please don't revert to 1.5.2 as the change of the 1.5.3 preset list is a fix of 1.5.2 bug and is much better then 1.5.2. Please take a look - sessions now should save and load fine with 1.5.3.

Regards,
Hi,

Right, so can i visibly copy the settings over to beta 1.5.3 from 1.5.2? otherwise i,m going to have to stay with beta 1.5.2 till my current projects are finished!!

Is this a one off, or are many of your beta's not backward compatible?

Chris

#4967 - 06/13/07 09:13 AM Re: PSP MasterComp v 1.5.3 public beta
Mateusz Woniak PSP Offline

Loc: Poland
It would be better to stay with 1.5.2 Beta to finish your current projects. The 1.5.3 Beta should be compatible to old 1.0 release versions.

Regards,

#4968 - 06/13/07 11:28 PM Re: PSP MasterComp v 1.5.3 public beta
crizdee Offline

Quote:
i found that the time the sound needs to recover, depends on the release setting. the faster it is, the faster it recovers, but not exactly the same time as release-setting, it is slower than actual release time.
Hi,

Yes, i too have found that the time it takes for the release to return is very very long!! the sound can be down for 5-6 seconds depending on the release setting! this is only when using the on/off switch, BUT not when using bypass!!

this is with beta 1.5.2 and 1.5.3

Chris

#4969 - 06/14/07 01:04 PM Re: PSP MasterComp v 1.5.3 public beta
Mateusz Wozniak PSP Offline

crizdee - does the problem refer to sound or only meters?

Regards,

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >