Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#4935 - 05/30/07 02:40 PM PSP MasterComp public beta
Antoni Ozynski PSP Offline

We are pleased to inform that registered users of PSP MasterComp can now access the public beta version (1.5.2) of the plug-in. This version has undergone the internal testing procedure and should work fine and be stable in most hardware/software configuration. However, as the complexity and number of possible combinations of hardware platforms, operating systems and host applications keeps growing we decided to gather feedback from users before we release the product officially.

The list of changes includes:

- Intel Mac compatibility added (OSX UB)
- sidechain processing with external control signal allowed
- classic mode with alternate release phase response for more focused sound
- preset bar supporting preset list editing, bank and preset save/load and A/B memory cells
- DirectX version has been discontinued
- other minor problems resolved.

System requirements:

MAC:
- PowerPC G4 or G5 or
- Intel Mac
- Mac OSX 10.4 or later
- ProTools TDM/LE 7.3 or later for running RTAS
PC:
- Intel Pentium II CPU or later,
- Windows XP with ServicePack 2,
- ProTools TDM/LE 7.3 or later for running RTAS

Please login to your PSP Registration Center account to download the public beta version.

Please post the reports with any bugs you encounter together with your system configuration and steps needed to recreate the problem in this topic.

Warm regards from hot Poland

PSP Team

#4936 - 05/31/07 03:22 AM Re: PSP MasterComp public beta
Wally Offline

Hi,
MasterComp (and Neon, 42, 84 and Nitro) are frozen. I cannot change any parameters or switch presets. I can enable, and disable the plug, and move it around on my screen. That's it.

I'm using a brand new Mac Pro 2.66, with 5GB RAM, OSX10.4.9 (combo installation) and Digital Performer 5.1.2.

It is just me, or are other Intel Mac users having this problem?

#4937 - 05/31/07 05:58 AM Re: PSP MasterComp public beta
clambake Offline

Hi,

MasterComp 1.52

MC still has clicks before regions and clicks from starting any point inside a region. This is independent of FAT mode.

Rear panel is still not accessible

Inputting values via keyboard works as advertised

Discovered additional Ratio values now available (yippie!)

Finer knob control - feels easier to set knobs via mouse with this version

No 'classic' mode visible - assuming this is switchable from rear panel?

Mac Dual 2Ghz G5 1 GB RAM OS X 10.4.8 / Logic Pro 7.2.3 / Audiofire 8 (latest driver 3.11) / Delta 1010 (latest driver 2.06)

#4938 - 05/31/07 06:15 AM Re: PSP MasterComp public beta

Problems under DP 5.11 are confirmed (we already know what we have to fix it) but in Logic MasterComp should work without any problem. Are you sure that you have installed newest version. Have you uninstalled previous version from your system?

#4939 - 05/31/07 07:31 AM Re: PSP MasterComp public beta
clambake Offline

Hi Antoni,

The only MasterComp AU Plugin in my MacHD>Library>Audio>Plugins>Component folder is MC V 1.52. I checked in my MacHD>Users>Audio>Plugins>Compenent folder and it's empty. Does uninstalling require:

1) running the previous version uninstaller? (which I don't think I have anymore)
2) running the current version uninstaller? (I know - sounds like a stupid question)
3) just moving the old plugin to a new location?

cheers

Scott

#4940 - 06/01/07 01:30 AM Re: PSP MasterComp public beta
clambake Offline

Hi Antoni,

Ran 1.5.2 uninstaller, then ran 1.0 uninstaller, then reinstalled 1.52, then rebooted. Still no access to rear panel and still clicks before region. Quit Logic 7.2.3, trashed PSPMC prefs and launched Logic AU manager and verified version 1.52 was the installed version. Disabled and re-enabled PSP MC causing rescan of MC AU - passed. Launched Logic and still no access to rear panel and still clicks before region. Switched CoreAudio driver form Echo AudioFire to M-Audio Delta 1010 and still no access to rear panel and still clicks before region. Switched Logic's I/O buffer from 128 to 256 still got clicks before region.

Just to clarify - every so often I get no clicks before a region, other times they are faint but clearly audible, other times they are very audible. When they are not audible before the region, I can always get the clicks back by jumping playback a few bars into the region then jumping back before the region and playing from there.

cheers

Scott

#4941 - 06/01/07 02:06 AM Re: PSP MasterComp public beta
Wally Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Antoni Ozynski PSP:
Problems under DP 5.11 are confirmed (we already know what we have to fix it) ...
Good news. I can be patient.

#4942 - 06/02/07 09:04 PM Re: PSP MasterComp public beta
crizdee Offline

Loc: Brighton UK
Hi,

Beta version 1.5.2 pro tools tdm 7.3.1 Mac and the default patch has the make-up set to +24 and of course the plug overloads by 20db.

Workaround i have made my own default patch and set this to user default!

Why do all your installers default to NOT install RTAS???

Chris

#4943 - 06/03/07 08:02 AM Re: PSP MasterComp public beta

Why do all your installers default to NOT install RTAS???

Are you sure?
EASYINSTALL option installs plug-in in alll formats VST/AU/RTAS at the same time.
Using CUSTOM INSTALL you can choose format to install.
Antoni

#4944 - 06/03/07 10:09 AM Re: PSP MasterComp public beta
clambake Offline

Quote:
Beta version 1.5.2 pro tools tdm 7.3.1 Mac and the default patch has the make-up set to +24 and of course the plug overloads by 20db.
Same problem with the AU version in Logic Pro 7.2.3. Updated to 1.52, opened up an older session which had instances of the 1.0 MC plug-in and every instance of MC in the sesssion had the Make-Up gain set to +24dB. Lucky I don't monitor loud.

In my sytem at least, the lastest betas have all matured EQ-wise (MQ/Neon) - but the compressors (VW/MC) still seem like a work in progress. Love the sound of em' though.

cheers

Scott

#4945 - 06/05/07 12:57 AM Re: PSP MasterComp public beta
championsound Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by crizdee:
Hi,

Same here with PTLE 7.3.1. Also, all the presets I created are now messed up - make-up gain at max, hi and lo-pass filters set differently.

#4946 - 06/05/07 09:07 AM Re: PSP MasterComp public beta
Mateusz Wozniak PSP Offline

The MC 1.5 is ot backwards compatible to MC 1.0 due to extended parameter list. We will investigate this issue if there is a way to make it backwards compatible.

Regards,

#4947 - 06/05/07 11:35 AM Re: PSP MasterComp public beta
Mateusz Woniak PSP Offline

Loc: Poland
The parameters' list incompatibility issue should be solved with upcomming MC 1.5.3. Please hold on manual setup of old projects if possible.

Regards,

#4948 - 06/05/07 11:51 AM Re: PSP MasterComp public beta
Mateusz Wozniak PSP Offline

By the way we discovered a bug with external side chain. Probably this parameter was not stored within projects.This should also be fixed with the new MC 1.5.3

Regards,

#4949 - 06/05/07 04:02 PM Re: PSP MasterComp public beta
championsound Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Mateusz Woniak PSP:
The parameters' list incompatibility issue should be solved with upcomming MC 1.5.3. Please hold on manual setup of old projects if possible.

Regards,
OK - thanks.

#4950 - 06/06/07 09:04 PM Re: PSP MasterComp public beta

I have just uploaded into our server new public beta version of the PSP MasterComp v 1.5.3
You will find it at the same place where you found previous beta (access from your account page at our registering center).

MC v.1.5.3
Fixed compatibility issue to old MC 1.0 versions.
Fixed non stored SC External button.
Fixed "frozen plug-in problem" under newest Peak, DP.

Looking forward to hearing your feedback.

Antoni Ozynski

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >