Topic Options
#4914 - 08/18/06 03:12 AM VU Meters
davefromfade Offline

Hi, I am new to VU Meters and can't seem to fully grasp the concept. Why are the meters in Vintage Warmer and MasterComp always slammed way to the right even though the output shown on the track in Sonar is way under 0? How are VU meters supposed to be used? I want to learn how to use them because this is what the pros use in the studio and I'm hoping it will improve the overall mixes and levels I achieve. Thanks, I can't wait to hear back from you all!

#4915 - 09/05/06 12:26 AM Re: VU Meters
mindwire Offline

Loc: Cairns
Hey there...
I just read an excellent article in this months Audio Technology magazine (audiotechnology.com.au) which demystifies the VU meter. Check it out... it will answer all your questions.
Now that I know a bit about them, I'm on the lookout for a VU meter pplugin that I can use in my Cubase SX setup... Anyone got an ideas whether VU meters are available in Cubase or as a VST?

#4916 - 09/05/06 12:57 AM Re: VU Meters
mindwire Offline

Loc: Cairns
Please diregard my question above on "where to find a VU meter plugin"... I just discovered the PSP VintageMeter plugin... NICE!!! Will let you know how I go in calibrating and using this baby.
Cheers
Damian