Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#4897 - 06/08/06 03:43 PM Re: Why iLok?
alphajerk Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by steff:
alphajerk - are you US-american?

Do not blame the thief but the company that makes the product - sure!
Besides that, you are insulting people here ("you poor mac bastards" quote from another post of you) so maybe you first learn how to behave in society before posting publicly - I would appreciate it!
I have seen to many people who earn much more than some software developers that use cracked software and make money with that.

best
is that supposed to be an insult, or are you merely saying the rest of the world are a bunch of thin skinned wimps? maybe you should get some balls before you post publicly.

just because the people you know have no morals or ethics doesnt mean the rest of us should pay [literally] for an incredibly stupid CP solution.

im not insulting anyone, but truth does sting sometimes i guess. i just left MACland and glad i have... its just not worth the money anymore now that they have gone to SLOsx. even had to put intels in their machines cause they were slagging so far behind.

as for the key analogy... there is a saying, "locks only keep honest people out". i have a key to my house, my car [and alarms on both] and yet i can break into any of them without it. so it is in a sense pointless... it really only pays for MY own peace of mind [the company in a sense, ref:my analogy above, companies fault... not the crooks]. of course when i lose my keys [which happens from time to time] it makes it a real bitch to drive my car w/o them and who is to blame?

serial protection is more than adequate.... and i boycott all products that use iLok, so who loses? the company once again because they lost a sale because of it.

#4898 - 07/06/06 12:43 AM Re: Why iLok?
sal Offline

Loc: Bay Area
I'm pretty disappointed to find out about this iLok nonsense.

I own PSP42, PSP84, PSP MasterQ, PSP Nitro, and PSP VintageWarmer.

PSP MasterComp is exactly what I am looking for, but now you have decided to change the copy protection to iLok???

There is no way I am going to attach a 'dongle' to my system for any reason ever. I can't believe that you guys couldn't find a better solution than this. For shame.

Please let me know when you reconsider....

#4899 - 09/10/06 09:22 AM Re: Why iLok?
wilcofan Offline

Loc: Canada
Don't most people accept dongles with their host? Why not with the plugins?

iLok does benefit me (beyond keeping more development in native plugins, as was stated already) by keeping 19 dongles off my system for copy-protecting my plugins by using only one.

It has also benefited me by allowing more lenient demos too. Instead of beeps the iLok can give me unlimited use in a certain time period and letting me get to know the plugin better before purchase.

I keep waiting for an iLok horror story, after reading so much negativity about iLok, but it's been invisible so far.

Bob

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2