Topic Options
#4878 - 01/22/06 05:53 PM Master Comp for OSX
zandy cadler Offline

Loc: Stockholm... at the moment... ...
Sorry to trouble you... Just a quick question here \:\)

Do you know (just approximately) when the Master Comp will be released for OSX?

I would love to get a hint about that. If you are indeed planning to realease a Mac version at all... But I certainly hope so, cause I have more confidence in your products than any other music software company I've come across so far.

You make music shine.

Many thanks!
\:\) Miss zandra cadler

#4879 - 01/27/06 10:36 AM Re: Master Comp for OSX
steff Offline

Well, I hope the point is coming closer - they said they want to release a G5 and MacTel version - so as Logic is slowly come too Apples MacTel party (coming late to the own party as always :-( ) the possibility to release universal version is coming closer - as the first major host is available on MacTels (at least for the non proprietary formats - other than VST and RTAS).

Hope that the release of MasterComp will follow shortly.

Any official words?

best

#4880 - 03/15/06 10:23 AM Re: Master Comp for OSX
steff Offline

So it is finally out.

Honestly, I think it is pretty inconsistent after posting for years that this plug will absolutely need a G5 to have the min req listed as a G4 400MHz - quite strange.

from the talk I would guess that such a computer can not even display the plugin correctly.

What about a universal version? :-)

best

#4881 - 03/15/06 07:44 PM Re: Master Comp for OSX
Mateusz Wozniak PSP Offline

I am glad to say that the PSP MC is displaying correctly on G4 400 however there is no way to use it in multi track environment and to use FAT at all. Only low sample rate processing is possible on single stereo tracks.
I think that the G4 400 is an accidental minimum and we will raise it.

The universal version is not a simple issue and will require some development time.

Regards,

#4882 - 03/15/06 08:23 PM Re: Master Comp for OSX
steff Offline

Just played with the demo on a G5 - I really thing that display the plug is all one can do on a G4 :-)

Please do not take that as a judgement, it is just an observation, I think this plug is about sound and not CPU efficiency

best