Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#4825 - 08/29/05 05:26 PM MasterComp for Mac?...
Saturator Offline

Hello Psp Audio

Is that true?!?

Source www.keys.de

-
"We are investigating porting this plug-in to the Macintosh. We are going to port it to OSX but Intel based Macs due to extremely high CPU requirements. Due to the complex nature of this plug-in, we cannot offer a time frame for this process."
-

Ther will be no version for Powermac G5s...
I think many users will still work with their ppc Macs, altthough the intelbased macs will come up.I hope for a Mac Os X Version for ppcmacs. My P4 2,53 Ghz can handle the masterComp very well,so why shouldnLt my dual G5 2Ghz...

regards

saturator

#4826 - 09/01/05 11:08 PM Re: MasterComp for Mac?...
Thule Offline

Loc: Sweden
Hey, it can't be true, that the MComp will be ported only to Intelbased Macs. I have always been a PSP-supporter och bought most of your products but that is definitely over if this is true.

thule

#4827 - 09/02/05 10:17 AM Re: MasterComp for Mac?...
Antoni Ozynski PSP Offline

We want to make crossprocessor version at the same time and we are waiting for some development tools.
PSP MC due to very high CPU requirements won't work on g4 or g3 processors.

Antoni Ozynski

#4828 - 09/12/05 09:32 PM Re: MasterComp for Mac?...
realtwang Offline

Antoni, why such high CPU? It certainly can't require more CPU than a convolution reverb plug, can it? If I can run Altiverb, as big and involved as it is, I should be able to run a plug such as Mastercomp, shouldn't I? What really worries me is that the first Intel Mac machines aren't even due to be released until mid to late 2006, which totally shuts us out for at least one year, and it will probably be 2007 before we're able to safely make the switch. Isn't there any way to optimize it so that it will run on Macs before then??

#4829 - 09/13/05 08:59 AM Re: MasterComp for Mac?...
Mateusz Wozniak PSP Offline

Yes it can. We cannot use any optimizations for this plug-in because of the processing resolution and very complex calculations used. A convolution reverb requires a lot of but similar computations and it doesn't require high precision. What's more convolution uses fft which is very easy to efficiently optimize for AltiVec and SSE.
We didn't ever said that the PSP MC will be available for intel macs and we don't know why somebody read it inbetween lines... The truth is however that it absolutelly not be available for CPUs older then G5s.

Regards,

#4830 - 10/18/05 02:55 PM Re: MasterComp for Mac?...
alphajerk Offline

wow, what does this really say for MAC's "power"?!? i have a dual gHz G4 and cant believe its any slower than my 3gHz Wintel box sitting beneath it.... especially considering the applications it runs.

#4831 - 10/26/05 10:06 AM Re: MasterComp for Mac?...
Inukshuk Offline

Loc: Canadian Eastern Arctic
Dual G4, 1.42GHZ, 2,048 ram, OS X Panther, D.P. 4.12, original HUI, Tannoy 600a's, tc PowerCore firewire, Voice Modeler, Assimilator, Auto-Tune4, PowerCouple, PSP MasterQ, Vintage Warmer, MixPack,Blue Tubes Bundle, motu 24 i/o, 896 HD.

#4832 - 10/26/05 10:07 AM Re: MasterComp for Mac?...
Inukshuk Offline

Loc: Canadian Eastern Arctic
You know as far as I'm concerned, if you can do it for a pc, there is no reason you can't do it for the present macs G4's included. I can't believe it's going to suck my dual G4 more than Vintage Warmer or Master Q. Macs are not slower than pc's contrary.This kind of attitude just makes me want to dump PSP. To bad cause I love the stuff. You guys are the only ones with a cpu problem out of all the plugs out there. Come on!!??

Dual G4, 1.42GHZ, 2,048 ram, OS X Panther, D.P. 4.12, original HUI, Tannoy 600a's, tc PowerCore firewire, Voice Modeler, Assimilator, Auto-Tune4, PowerCouple, PSP MasterQ, Vintage Warmer, MixPack,Blue Tubes Bundle, motu 24 i/o, 896 HD.

#4833 - 11/11/05 04:40 AM Re: MasterComp for Mac?...
Tim Clarke Offline

Loc: Eugene, Oregon
Aarrgg. OK, can someone suggest an AU-format alternative to MasterComp for use in Logic Audio as an AU plugin?? I could really use something that does what I think MasterComp does that I can use on my dual 1.42 G4.

#4834 - 11/21/05 09:01 PM Re: MasterComp for Mac?...

Actually this is not true that dual G4 can make similar jobs as 3GHz P4 HT can do. From our experiments with our plug-ins using double precision computations the only Mac that can compete the fastest P4 are the latest G5 machines. This is trueth and probably this is one of reasons why Apple gave up with PowerPC architecture...
The other point is that the fastest P4s have really hard job with MasterComp and only few of them can run it in multi track applications while some have problems running it even during mastering. In numbers this means that the PSP MC is using about 4 times more CPU then the MasterQ.
And the latest point. The way the PSP MC works makes it great tool for mastering and eventually for bus processing and occasionaly for tracks. Using it in a multi track envirement may not bring the sound expected from compressor for to add some character etc, it would also drain the CPU to its limits.

Regards,

#4835 - 11/22/05 08:27 PM Re: MasterComp for Mac?...
Thule Offline

Loc: Sweden
Mateusz, can you please tell us when MComp will be ported to Mac? URS and Tritone are gonna release alternatives pretty soon and we are many that want to know if it's worth waiting for MComp.

thule

#4836 - 12/12/05 10:16 PM Re: MasterComp for Mac?...
antaisce Offline

Guys, calm down ! The G4 is long gone in terms of audio calculation power. It cannot handle todays requirements of really good algorithms - which means good sounding software.
The G5 in contrast is a very good processor, but it needs good compilers to bring out the power of it. Mateusz, go ahead with a G5 compatible Master Comp - I will buy it immediately ! At least if my Dual G5 1,8 Ghz can handle it ;-)

#4837 - 12/20/05 08:36 PM Re: MasterComp for Mac?...

I hope Dual G5 will handle it but please do not expect multi track usage. The fastest P4s can only handle it for mastering jobs and as a bus compressor in low sample rates.

Regards,

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >