Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#38 - 01/13/02 07:30 AM Re: Mixtreble & VW
OTR Mastering Offline

Loc: Texas, USA
Have only used the VW demo, but I must say that it rocks!

On another forum, I was reading alot of posts bragging about the Izotope Ozone program. The concensus was that the Volume Maximizer in Ozone is equal to or better than the L1.

I have never used the L1, but I have tried the Ozone demo, and the VW absolutely SMOKES the Ozone VM. I get much bigger sound with plenty of room for more w/o distortion with the VW. (Nice work guys!)

One area that I haven't figured out yet is how to really get a punchy bottom end out of it. The freq. knob for low end needs higher resolution - can't pick any freqs. between 100 & 110 and also between 110 & 120.

Incidentally, I have just started using ProToolsFREE and was wondering if the VW can be used as a plug-in there?

#39 - 01/13/02 07:42 AM Re: Mixtreble & VW
OTR Mastering Offline

BTW-
I guess I should mention that my OS is Win98 SE.

I do have the VST Wrapper Lite which allows you to open a VST plug-in within the DirectX environment. Don't know if that will apply to using VW in ProToolsFREE, though.

Thanks.

#40 - 01/26/02 03:14 PM Re: Mixtreble & VW
Mateusz Wozniak PSP Offline

Hi All,

Thanks Jeff for good words

You can finaly set knobs by pressing a Shift key during mouse movement. It gives you a resolution good to set those knobs to almost every setting you need.

The RTAS version of the VintageWarmer is in development so you could use it in PT FREE too.

Regards,

#41 - 01/27/02 04:04 AM Re: Mixtreble & VW
OTR Mastering Offline

Bought the full version of the VW & love it! I also found all the presets with it, too. (They were missing from the demo version.)

I have found the 'Shift' key method to be of great help in fine tuning settings.

However, I still think that we could really use some much needed greater resolution on the bottom end knob. I don't believe that jumping from 100.9 to 110 & then from 110.9 to 120 is near good enough for tweaking the low freqs. We need to be able to dial in all the in-between freqs. that are missing from the current selections. It is far more critical to be able to adjust the low end in small increments than it is the high end.

JL
OTR

#42 - 01/27/02 04:34 PM Re: Mixtreble & VW

I think you maybe found a bug I wasn't aware of. The bug is rather in the display for LowFreq knob then in a real settings of the filter frequency.
I will take a closer look at the problem.

Thanks,

#43 - 01/28/02 12:08 AM Re: Mixtreble & VW
OTR Mastering Offline

FYI:

While making fine adjustments (Shift key depressed) to the Low-end knob with the knob control in "linear" position, I have found many instances where the values will stay within a certain range and just repeat from the beginning.

For example:
I was adjusting the low-end value in the 100 - 100.9 range. When the value reached 100.9 as I was moving the mouse upward (increasing values), the next value reading was 100.0 & then continued upwards toward 100.9. As I continued along and reached 100.9 again, the next value again returned to 100.0. I had to physically move the pointer to a new location on the knob in order to get out of that range. This has happened on several occaisions.

Just thought you might like to know.

JL
OTR

#44 - 01/30/02 06:14 PM Re: Mixtreble & VW

You are right. There is a bug in the Low Freq control. However it is only a display problem, the filter itself is adjusted smoothly.

#45 - 01/31/02 08:02 PM Re: Mixtreble & VW
OTR Mastering Offline

How we know when you have fixed the bug & how will we get the revised version?

#46 - 02/02/02 05:07 PM Re: Mixtreble & VW

We will send a news letter to all registered users of the VintageWarmer when the update will be ready.

Regards,

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2