Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#4242 - 06/29/02 06:44 PM serious click/self oscillating feedback problem
charlton Offline

so, bought and installed lexicon delay (never downloaded demo version). sounds great but... every 20 minutes or so horrible click followed by harsh (phase reversed?) sound. after a longer interval went into speaker blowing self oscillation. nuendo, win98se p3500. extremely irritating. is this part of demo protection? whatever it is i need to fix it or I need my money back. It renders the plug, which i do like very much, completely unusable... not to mention speaker and ear damage risks.
thanks for any help you can offer,
charlton

#4243 - 06/30/02 11:53 AM Re: serious click/self oscillating feedback problem
Mateusz Wozniak PSP Offline

Thank you for your report.

We would like to ask you for for more details about the problem as we cannot recreate this behavior on our machines.

Where is the PSP42 inserted?

Is it a DX or a VST version and if a VST is it a mono or stereo one?

What are exact settings of the plug-in when the problem occurs.

What is a signal fitted to the plug-in like? Does it happen when there is a silence for a long time or the live input or something else or there is no difference what signal fits the plug-in?

Without all that information we cannot reproduce and solve the problem.

Regards,

#4244 - 06/30/02 05:42 PM Re: serious click/self oscillating feedback problem
charlton Offline

using as an effect in nuendo. vst not direct x. set to doubler preset. i think its never happened during playback, in other words while in stop i've heard the pop and sure enough when you play the song everything going to the delay is horribly bright, distorted and out of phase sounding. turn the delay on and off and the problem goes away. once left delay on for a while, couple of hours. suddenly unbeleivably loud siren sound. if speakers had been up would have blown. sounded like self oscillating slowly modulated by the lfo. again reset the delay and it went away. nuendo forum suggested it was the demo limitation but i never installed the demo, bought the plug unheard because im leery about demo protection stuff like interlok and pace having had severe waves/autotune problems while beta testing auto tune3 because of the interlok. (new hard drive - fresh install of everything since then.)i hope it is not copy protection, though i suspect it is. anyway, i would apreciate any help,
charlton

#4245 - 07/12/02 03:15 PM Re: serious click/self oscillating feedback problem
greenonion Offline

Loc: Germany
I have the same problem. I downloaded the demo version, installed it and decided to get myself the full version. I installed the full version and tried to uninstall the demo version. Oops, no success. Then i uninstalled the full version. Then i unistalled the demo version. I think the uninstaller didn't remove everything from my system so i uninstalled everything that kept sticking on my system with psp42** by hand. Then i installed the full version again. No, when i switch on the plugin, makes no difference whether its a send- or insert effect , some strang noises appear after a while.I have to switch off the PSP42 and after switching on it's running again for a while. I'm using Cubase SX on a brandnew Windows XP machine with an Northwood P4, ASUS, Matrox 533. Maybe there is a solution.

#4246 - 07/12/02 03:19 PM Re: serious click/self oscillating feedback problem
greenonion Offline

Sorry i forgot, it's a VST Plugin, it happens with every preset, it happens when there is a permant signal - probalbly no denormal problem.

#4247 - 07/13/02 04:37 PM Re: serious click/self oscillating feedback problem

What is interesting on our systems we cannot recreate the problem - those noises never occurs even after hours.
An updated version is in preparation and it should solve the problem.

Regards,

#4248 - 08/04/02 03:15 AM Re: serious click/self oscillating feedback problem
GO Offline

Same problem here. After 10 minutes or so of
continuous use in a track the self-oscillation begins. My system: 1.4 athlon
with cubase 5.1 host. Please let me know if you need any further info.

Thanks!

#4249 - 08/04/02 04:04 PM Re: serious click/self oscillating feedback problem

Hi,

However we couldn't reproduce it we found a possible reson of that strange behavior, we also maintained some other minor bugs to improve compatibility of the plug-in to some VST hosts. We plan to release the update soon.

Regards,

#4250 - 08/17/02 04:59 PM Re: serious click/self oscillating feedback problem
greenonion Offline

hi,

what means soon update. I really want to work with my Plugin. Its no solution for me to switch this thing off and on each 15 minutes. The sound of this plugin is just great, so please fix bugs really soon.

greenonion

#4251 - 08/21/02 11:13 PM Re: serious click/self oscillating feedback problem
Hubert Pietrzykowski PSP Offline

Loc: Warsaw
We understand how annoying this bug must be Although we couldn't recreate it the bug descriptions you provided us with proved to be very useful. Our tester reported positive test results so we believe it has been finally removed. New release will be out in few days.

Thx and best regards.

#4252 - 08/26/02 10:35 PM Re: serious click/self oscillating feedback problem
Mike Stokes Offline

<<>>

IS the problem only with the PC version or is it also a Mac problem?

MS

#4253 - 08/29/02 07:30 AM Re: serious click/self oscillating feedback problem

Only the PC users have reported that problem so far. However, if the bug is on the plug-in's side (that's what we expect and investigate) it is possible that it will occur on mac too. It is very hard to recreate the conditions in which the problem becomes audible, so mac users might encounter it one day as well. But I'm sure it will be fixed by that time.

regards

#4254 - 10/11/02 09:37 PM Re: serious click/self oscillating feedback problem
vex Offline

Loc: US
yea, it really sucks. unfortunatley the bug got the best of my monitors and blew my tweaters.

I left my main control room volume up pretty loud while working on a mix, and left the studio to do some grocery shopping. sure enough, 1 hour later, I came home to the sound of a gushing waterfall imminating from my studio room. opened the door to smell the burning smell of my tweaters having dealt with the feedback for probably almost over 40 minutes at very loud volumes. \:\(

I love the plugin still, but that bug really sucked.

glad to see the update.

hopefully my speakers won't cost much to repair.

regards.

#4255 - 10/14/02 06:36 PM Re: serious click/self oscillating feedback problem

The feedback bug has been removed in version 1.1 of Lexicon PSP 42. The update is free, of course.
Although the users have been informed about new release by email, we want to make be 100% sure that everyone is aware of that.

Sorry for inconvenience.

Hubert Pietrzykowski
PSPaudioware.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >