Topic Options
#4201 - 02/28/06 06:31 PM EasyVerb problem in Audition 1.5 mixdown
ktjones Offline

Hello:

I purchased EasyVerb a few weeks ago and am attempting to use it as a VST plugin in the current version of Adobe Audition 1.5 (formerly Cool Edit Pro) as a track effect. I'm running on Windows 2000 Pro with the latest SP.

I can successfully apply EasyVerb to a track and hear the result when the track is played back in Audition's multi-track view.

However, when I mixdown the track, the resulting file playback has no reverb - only the dry, uneffected signal.

I've also found that when EasyVerb is present along with other effects on the same track, all effects work during multi-track playback (including EasyVerb), but the mixdown result has no audible effects at all. Not only is EasyVerb's reverb absent but so are all the other effects as well.

When EasyVerb is removed from the list of track effects, all remaining effects show up in the mixdown as expected.

It seems that when EasyVerb is present as a track effect, it prevents all effects, including itself, from appearing in the mixdown. They're always present as expected during multi-track playback, but missing in the mixdown.

I like EasyVerb a lot and hope this problem can be solved. Unfortunately, I can't use it as it stands.

#4202 - 03/01/06 05:13 AM Re: EasyVerb problem in Audition 1.5 mixdown
ktjones Offline

Another note: this same problem has been independently confirmed by another user in the Adobe Audition forum. Please see:

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?13@68.tWuGfTSH2Dh.16@.3bbeb4d0/8