Topic Options
#4162 - 06/16/04 03:48 AM More then one instance causes major problems...
superddman Offline

Hello psp,

Easyverb is a great plugin that produces great sound and has solid automation. It works great if I only have one instance of the plugin running in my projects. However, if I add more then one then the sequencer(acid pro 4) drastically slows down, making it almost impossible to preform work. What is interesting is that it doesn't matter if there is signals going trough more the one instance of easyverb at the same time, as soon as the second instance of easyverb is added everything slows down, even if no signal is going trough any instance.

I have a fairly new pc (AMD Athlon XP 2800+, Asus A7N8X Deluxe motherboard, 1gb of ram, ATI Radeon 9700 Pro video card and M-Audio-Audiophile 2496 soundcard, Windows XP Pro). Otherwise everything is running really smoothly.

Any help appreciated.

#4163 - 06/16/04 08:15 PM Re: More then one instance causes major problems...
Mateusz Wozniak PSP Offline

I am not sure how is it working in the case of ACID but most of audio applications with most of plug-ins are calling processing even if no signal is passed through the plug-in.
Another idea is about GUI. Could you try to close GUIs of other instances of the EasyVerb to see if the CPU usage is changing?

Regards,

#4164 - 06/18/04 11:04 PM Re: More then one instance causes major problems...
superddman Offline

Hello,
I don't think the problem here is with the too many gui because i only have one instrument currently present and whenever i finish using an instrument I always remove it. I think I have been able to narrow down the origin of the problem. I noticed that only some presets that I choose create these drastic slow downs. After experimenting for a while, I have noticed that all the presets that use the heavier algorithmems(arena, hall, and cathedral) are the only ones that cause these problems.
Could it be that Acid does not support these algorithms?