Topic Options
#4058 - 12/16/03 05:35 PM EasyVerb is really nice but it's a CPU hog!
Mike Cressey Offline

The reverbs are really nice but adding the plug-in to one of buses causes my 2.4 GHz PIV processor to go up about 10%! I had hoped to be able to run at least 2 EasyVerb's - one on the vocals & one for the "mix" sound but at that CPU usage, I'll be lucky to be able to use one, or I'll have to pre-process the tracks & created 'verb tracks (something I'd prefer not to do).

Any ideas/thoughts for reducing CPU usage.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

#4059 - 12/17/03 04:39 PM Re: EasyVerb is really nice but it's a CPU hog!
Mateusz Wozniak PSP Offline

Hello,

Yes, the PSP EasyVerb uses a lot of CPU. Currently CPU reduction is not possible but I will investigate some possibilities of doing it.
I guess that using two of them should be no problem in not so complex projects?

Regards,

#4060 - 12/17/03 06:01 PM Re: EasyVerb is really nice but it's a CPU hog!
Mike Cressey Offline

Thanks. Some plug-ins have the capability of setting the "quality" level of the ouput, and also whether 32-bit or 64-bit math is used. Some of those features are nice.

For a typical project, I have my CPU is running around +50% which may be pushing it.

I understand that is requires CPU to do a good job, and it does a good job, but being able to set some parameters might be nice.

Also, I seem to notice a slight performance difference between the DX & VST versions (the VST version was using slightly less CPU).

Mike

#4061 - 12/20/03 09:41 PM Re: EasyVerb is really nice but it's a CPU hog!

Thanks for your ideas. I am still looking for various ways of improving its performance.
I personally didn't find noticable performance differences between DX and VST versions but we suggest to use VST version in most hosts which supports VST format.

Regards,

#4062 - 12/31/03 02:27 AM Re: EasyVerb is really nice but it's a CPU hog!
inferon Offline

Good Day!

Downloaded the demo, but it won't start:

"PSPEasyVerb caused a serious error during loading. The cause may be one of the folowwing:"

blablabla

Same with both vst and dx versions in Adobe Audition and Cubase SX.

AMD Athlon 1,2GHz - not XP. I guess there's something with CPU optimisation, like SSE protocols or something which I think the CPU doesn't support. If this is the case, shall it work on any AMD CPUs?

Thank you.

#4063 - 12/31/03 10:16 AM Re: EasyVerb is really nice but it's a CPU hog!

It should work on the latest AMD CPUs
with SSE.

Regards,