Topic Options
#3995 - 03/01/05 01:00 AM will there be a fix for ableton live 4?
globalgoon Offline

Loc: liverpool
I just bought masterQ, have used to vintage warmer and mix packs. I didn't test the demo, just bought it cos I'm in a hurry to finish some stuff (i love the sound of your plugins and thought i'd get masterQ)

I saw the other post from december but thought i'd make a freshie

CHEERS!

#3996 - 03/01/05 11:12 AM Re: will there be a fix for ableton live 4?
globalgoon Offline

Loc: liverpool
regarding stereo.

#3997 - 03/27/05 07:38 AM Re: will there be a fix for ableton live 4?
feyshay Offline

Check out the Ableton forum for my initial post and some replies. I copied a potential work around for this stereo problem. Not optimal. Still needs to be fixed.
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I don't think the template fixes the problem. Do your template with a more rad effect (like Bottle or Pocked Radio). I find that you don't get the sound of the Equalizer effect with your template.
I tried changing the pre-masters' Audio-In from 1-Midi. Still no fix. I then tried the same method using return tracks, and I got it working!
I have the MIDI track as Sends Only. I then Send fully to A and B return tracks. I have the A return track panned to the left, and the B return track panned to the right. I have a utility in A set to the left and a utility in B set to the right. I just have a MasterQ equalizer in each return track. Voila--stereo effect. If I then put a Master Q into the MIDI track, it is again Mono. Can't use the equalizer in the main tracks, only in the return tracks to get stereo.
Thanks for the idea. What I find annoying is that I have to put it the equalizer into 2 return tracks (doubling the CPU utilization for the same effect that should just work in stereo!)
I'm disappointed with this aspect of the EQ. I guess the only cool thing with doing it with 2 Master Q's in 2 sends is that I could use 2 different equalization settings (one for right side sounds, one for left side sounds.
Is this a problem for PSP or Ableton to fix?

#3998 - 03/27/05 05:23 PM Re: will there be a fix for ableton live 4?
feyshay Offline

I tried to use the DX version of Master Q within Live 4, using the FFX4 DX to VST converter. I keep getting an error message ("Plug-in Error") when I tried to use the DX version within one of the programs.
Any way to get the DX version working within Live.