Topic Options
#3941 - 02/09/04 07:44 AM Problem with Master Q - need help!
Lee Bartlett Offline

Loc: El Paso, Texas
Hi everyone,
I am new to this board, but needed to ask a question. I perform voice-over and audio production for a living. I just purchased the Vintage Warmer and the Master Q from your website a few weeks ago. I just love both of the plug-ins. They are truly some of the best sounding plug-ins that I have heard in a long time, and I really enjoy my Waves Gold Plug-ins as well, so this should tell you where I'm coming from.

My question concerns the Master Q plug-in. When I'm applying the plug-in to a wave file, it seems that the very front of the wave file, the very first fraction of a second of the file,is clitched with a noise that causes the file to sound muffled when applying this plug-in. It only happens with the Master Q, and no other plug-in that I'm using. If I were using this plug-in in real time, I would not be able to use it because of the clitch sound that it makes. Because I'm using this plug as a mastering tool, then it doesn't bother me as much, but it still takes away studio time because I have to apply another step in the production to correct this plug-ins problem. I will say the the Q rocks as well as the Vintage Warmer, I just wish you could correct this problem in a fix. I did download the update version of the Master Q that you put out last week, but it still has this problem. I'm using Adobe Audition (formally Cool-Edit pro) with a PC, pentium 3, 512 ram. Any advise would be so helpful.

Blessings!

Lee Bartlett

P.S. For these plug-ins, I do NOT want my money back. Keep up the great work and sound.
El Paso, Texas 79904
http://www.voicethis.com
Email: Lee@voicethis.com

#3942 - 02/09/04 01:10 PM Re: Problem with Master Q - need help!
Mateusz Wozniak PSP Offline

Hello,

Thank you for knowing us about this problem.
We where informed about similar problem during off line processing on some hosts but we couldn't recreate such problem using the latest version of the plug-in using CEP. Could you give us more details or even send us a very short wave including this initial noise? Is it in any relation to the contents of the beginning of the audio file?

This problem should not occur in a real time processing, at least we have no reports of this problem in real time processing.

Regards,