Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#3900 - 02/02/04 10:39 PM Re: Save time much longer
Mateusz Wozniak PSP Offline

Sounds interesting Rune, we will continue to investigate this problem.

Regards,

#3901 - 02/03/04 10:15 PM Re: Save time much longer
realtwang Offline

Quote:
Mateusz... are you being serious here? I have confirmed or identified two bugs -- one in MasterQ -- the past two weeks which you've fixed. AND, I've written you personal letters of support, as well as publicly praised your plug-ins here and in other forums. This isn't helpful or encouraging?

I guess I'm just a little shocked that reporting how your plug-in behaves or misbehaves in our software is somehow "useless" to you. I can't see any behavioral information being useless to you -- ESPECIALLY when more than one user with different setups/applications etc. is reporting the exact same (or actually worse) behavior!

All right, I need to step in and speak on this one. For all the complaints I've seen posted in this thread, not a one of you has actually detailed your setup for Mateusz. It's a more than a little difficult to trace a problem like slow save times unless you know the details of each setup having the problem. So, before you slam the product or the level of tech support (which is better than most companies out there, by the way), I suggest you ask yourself these questions, so you can give a more useful report than just stating the problem. As Mateusz stated numerous times, that's not enough for anyone to do anything with. The following would be examples of useful information:

What computer are you using?
What operating system?
What DAW software?
How much RAM are you using?
Are you using software synths in conjunction with your DAW software?
If so, which ones?
What other third party plugs are you using?

All of these questions need to be clearly answered before anyone can help you with your problem. Any one of the items listed above can have a profound effect on determining where the problem lies. If you'd just rather complain and get a refund, though....I guess that's your choice. Good luck with the next company... :rolleyes:

[ February 03, 2004: Message edited by: realtwang ]

[ February 03, 2004: Message edited by: realtwang ]

#3902 - 02/04/04 12:34 AM Re: Save time much longer
mmallett Offline

Loc: Canada
 Quote:
Originally posted by realtwang:

All right, I need to step in and speak on this one. For all the complaints I've seen posted in this thread, not a one of you has actually detailed your setup for Mateusz.

Actually, realtwang.... you'll see in the very first post my configuration sitting right there.

Secondly, to update this thread... Mateusz and I have been emailing each other back and forth for weeks, running tests and so forth. The fruit of that, in part, has been the current version you have.

Lastly, I have re-purchased MasterQ. It is still not perfect, but Mateusz and I have been dialoguing on some improvements which you may see in later versions.

Cheers.

#3903 - 02/04/04 05:59 PM Re: Save time much longer
realtwang Offline

Correct you are, mmallett. My apologies. It was a long thread, and I guess as I was skimming it, I missed that. Glad to see you got the problem solved, though. I guess that I so often see examples of what I was talking about on the forums I belong to, that it just kind of sets me off. I mistook your situation, but glad you haven't jumped ship on these guys. They make great sounding plugs, and are genuinely nice to deal with. Sometimes they get a bit of a hard time from people on the board. Again, my apologies, and good luck to you.

#3904 - 02/04/04 06:06 PM Re: Save time much longer
Mateusz Wozniak PSP Offline

Hi All,

Realtwang, thank you for your input. You are right that informative bug reports are vital feedback for us and help to locate and fix our bugs. Emotional reports without detailed system information and a good will don't help us much. We always try to Betatest our new plug-ins but as we can see Betatesters often don't see some hidden serious problems.

Thanks to some good reports on this forum and mmallet's help (which came after his first not very informative reports) we already fixed the most important problems with the MasterQ and the EasyVerb.
I think that we will fix some other minor problems too which are reported on EasyVerb's and MasterQ's topics with the next planned update.

I can understand anyone who purchase a product and require it to work properly under any configuration but from our point of view we prefer information exchange rather then fight between customers and us.

I would be glad to have more unified hosts which really obay specifications but we have to deal somehow with various imcompabilities and our own code faults. This means that virtually any new software product has some bugs.

As our goal is a long term cooperation our products are also designed to stay for a long time which also means that we have to find a way for better customer support and updates. And this is a good point to thank you all for helpfull reports and comments which help us to manage current problems and plan our future products in the more bug safe way.

Regards,

#3905 - 02/04/04 07:21 PM Re: Save time much longer
mmallett Offline

Loc: Canada
 Quote:
Originally posted by realtwang:
I guess that I so often see examples of what I was talking about on the forums I belong to, that it just kind of sets me off.

I know what you're referring to. I have to be more careful, as I am guilty of having posted issues elsewhere without enough details.

I own almost all the plugs available from PSP -- I use them all the time in my commercial mixes. They're that good -- I agree.

Cheers!
mark \:\)

#3906 - 02/04/04 11:40 PM Re: Save time much longer
Lee Bartlett Offline

Loc: El Paso, Texas
Hi everyone,

I am new to this board, but needed to ask a question. I perform voice-over and audio production for a living. I just purchased the Vintage Warmer and the Master Q from your website a few weeks ago. I just love both of the plug-ins. They are truly some of the best sounding plug-ins that I have heard in a long time, and I really enjoy my Waves Gold Plug-ins as well, so this should tell you where I'm coming from.

My question concerns the Master Q plug-in. When I'm applying the plug-in to a wave file, it seems that the very front of the wave file, the very first fraction of a second of the file,is clitched with a noise that causes the file to sound muffled when applying this plug-in. It only happens with the Master Q, and no other plug-in that I'm using. If I were using this plug-in in real time, I would not be able to use it because of the clitch sound that it makes. Because I'm using this plug as a mastering tool, then it doesn't bother me as much, but it still takes away studio time because I have to apply another step in the production to correct this plug-ins problem. I will say the the Q rocks as well as the Vintage Warmer, I just wish you could correct this problem in a fix. I did download the update version of the Master Q that you put out last week, but it still has this problem. I'm using Adobe Audition (formally Cool-Edit pro) with a PC, pentium 3, 512 ram. Any advise would be so helpful.

Blessings!

Lee Bartlett

P.S. For these plug-ins, I do NOT want my money back. Keep up the great work and sound.
El Paso, Texas 79904
http://www.voicethis.com
Email: Lee@voicethis.com

#3907 - 02/05/04 05:37 PM Re: Save time much longer
OTR Mastering Offline

Loc: Texas, USA
 Quote:
My question concerns the Master Q plug-in. When I'm applying the plug-in to a wave file, it seems that the very front of the wave file, the very first fraction of a second of the file,is clitched with a noise that causes the file to sound muffled when applying this plug-in. It only happens with the Master Q, and no other plug-in that I'm using. If I were using this plug-in in real time, I would not be able to use it because of the clitch sound that it makes. Because I'm using this plug as a mastering tool, then it doesn't bother me as much, but it still takes away studio time because I have to apply another step in the production to correct this plug-ins problem.

Can you see this "clitch" on the wave display? I just zoomed way in on a file that I just mastered using the MasterQ and I don't see anything that is not supposed to be there. I'm comparing it to the original wav file and, except for the initial fade in, it looks the same - barring the processing.

Does it cause the entire file to sound muffled or just the very beginning?

I, too, am using the MasterQ for Mastering and I don't hear or see what it is you are referring to... (That doesn't mean that it's not there....)

I am using the MQ and VW within Samplitude 7 Classic on a 2.8G P4 w/1G RAM

#3908 - 02/05/04 05:40 PM Re: Save time much longer
OTR Mastering Offline

Loc: Texas, USA
BTW -

Howdy Lee from a fellow Texan!!

I'm in the DFW area.

#3909 - 02/09/04 07:40 AM Re: Save time much longer
Lee Bartlett Offline

Loc: El Paso, Texas
Hi On Track Recording,

The little clitch that I hear is only at the very front of the wave file, and just for a fraction of a second. For me to make the Master Q work, I have to add some silence to the front end of the file, then apply the Master Q. Then I have to go back and edit the silence out, then the wave sounds great with the Master Q. It's not such a big deal, unless I'm having to add quite a bit files, then it takes away studio time from me or my client. I hope PSP can fix this clitch, I sure love their plug-ins...some of the best in the industry.

Blessings,

Lee
El Paso, Texas 79904
http://www.voicethis.com
Email: Lee@voicethis.com

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >