Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#3890 - 01/10/04 12:25 AM Re: Save time much longer
mmallett Offline

Loc: Canada
I apologize for taking your time. I will contact you by email to arrange a refund for MasterQ.

[ January 10, 2004: Message edited by: mmallett ]

#3891 - 01/10/04 02:11 PM Re: Save time much longer
Mateusz Wozniak PSP Offline

No problem but I stil think that you don't understand what I mean.

I you feel that the MasterQ's sound is not worth that monay and you purchased it by mistake email
support@pspaudioware.com

Regards,

#3892 - 01/10/04 02:24 PM Re: Save time much longer

To be clear. My statements don't mean that we will not try to make a saving faster but I would like to keep a more logical queue of problems where the saving time is not a first thing which disqualifies any plug-in and especially the kind of mastering plug-in.
We will get back to the MasterQ pretty soon and prepare a new update which will fix some minor problems reported to us and we are making a list now.

#3893 - 01/10/04 02:57 PM Re: Save time much longer
Rune Pedersen Offline

Loc: Norway
Mateusz, you wrote:

"I will take a look at saving/loading process in the MasterQ and I will check what could be done to make it faster but I would not like to loose the processing quality just to make it faster".

I agree that quality must come first, but how is the saving time of the project connected to the processing quality of your MasterQ plug?

I am not saying that the MasterQ plugin should consume less CPU when used. I just don't want to wait 40 sec. every time I do a save in Cubase SX2. I'm also stating that the bug could be somewhere else, but I strongly suspect MasterQ.

Rune

#3894 - 01/10/04 03:54 PM Re: Save time much longer

I agree that very long saving times is not good but when the project is heavy loaded and the plug-in has complex initialization procedure this might happen.
How does the MasterQ processing quality influates on saving times? Except a logical high CPU usage (which extends saving times in all cases when the CPU is heavy occupied) the MasterQ also has very complex initialization which under some hosts has to be multiplied by a number of presets. In this way the complexity of the plug-in affects saving time too.
I will do my best to verify initialization routines and will try to make them working faster. I didn't realize (and didn't notice) really long saving times with this plug-in.

Regards,

#3895 - 01/12/04 08:47 PM Re: Save time much longer
OTR Mastering Offline

Loc: Texas, USA
FWIW -

I'm using MasterQ in Samplitude 7 Classic and saving is instantaneous whether while stopped or on-the-fly....

#3896 - 01/30/04 03:24 PM Re: Save time much longer
BB54 Offline

Loc: Sweden
Save time is consideralbly shortened after the last update of MasterQ. Now (almost) instantaneous in SX2. Good work!

#3897 - 01/31/04 11:34 PM Re: Save time much longer
Alecio Costa Offline

Loc: Forianópolis, SC - Braz...
Is this plug too dsp hungry, like let us say Waves Lin eq?
http://br.geocities.com/studiodigitalp

#3898 - 02/02/04 07:37 AM Re: Save time much longer

The MasterQ is quite CPU heavy but it uses different techniques to achieve a quality sound then the Waves linear EQ.

Regards,

#3899 - 02/02/04 08:59 AM Re: Save time much longer
Rune Pedersen Offline

Loc: Norway
The savetime is ok now for me now - most of the time. It looks like there is still some problems when I use the MasterQ on group channels in Cubase SX2. The savetime went up to 35 sec with just one instance of MasterQ on a group channel. If I removed the plugin, the savetime went down. I could reproduce this behaviour. But if I closed the project and then openen it up, then the savetime was normal.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >