Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#3870 - 01/07/04 02:50 AM Save time much longer
mmallett Offline

Loc: Canada
Hi Mateusz,

When saving in Nuendo with MasterQ (not EasyVerb) inserted, the Save time in Nuendo takes up to 10 times longer (about 5 seconds).

I can reproduce this each time.

Nuendo 2.1.0.10
Dual 1.42
OSX 10.2.6
1 Gig Ram
ULN-2 1.4.27
2 UAD Card

#3871 - 01/07/04 02:12 PM Re: Save time much longer
Mateusz Wozniak PSP Offline

I didn't notice this problem on my setup but it can be possible since the MasterQ has a lot of parameters and presets and every of them require some initialization.

Regards,

#3872 - 01/07/04 02:27 PM Re: Save time much longer
mmallett Offline

True... but for me, this makes MasterQ unusable. It really holds up the flow of a mix.

#3873 - 01/07/04 04:09 PM Re: Save time much longer
Mateusz Wozniak PSP Offline

I don't understand. Do you mean that 3 seconds of saving a project make a plug-in useless???
Please note that the saving time not only depends on the plug-in it self but also on the CPU usage during saving!

#3874 - 01/08/04 12:13 PM Re: Save time much longer
Rune Pedersen Offline

Loc: Norway
A project I'm working on now takes about 40 secounds to save in Cubase. I've never had this kind of saving times before. I use 6 instances of masterQ in my project. Even another project I'm working on took about 10 sec longer to save after I started using MasterQ plugins in the project. I'm using Cubase SX2

Rune

#3875 - 01/08/04 12:19 PM Re: Save time much longer
mmallett Offline

Thanks for confirming that Rune.

Yes, Mateusz, it really kills flow (not as bad as Rune's situation though -- holy smokes!).

My save time in Nuendo right now with 60 tracks loaded with plugs is only half a second. With just one MasterQ, it goes up to 5 seconds. That's unacceptable.

#3876 - 01/09/04 03:20 AM Re: Save time much longer
steff Offline

Hmmm, do not understand why a plugin is unusuable just because your software does not:

1) support 'save while play'/'save in background'
2) your application is not optimized for your platform and the save routine is too slow

Perhaps it is not the plugin that is unusable/unacceptable?? Please do not bring the tone from the Steinberg forums to this one!

Best,
Steff

#3877 - 01/09/04 04:51 AM Re: Save time much longer
mmallett Offline

Hi Steff,

You are right on one point: Nuendo does not AutoSave in the background (while idle) as it should.

However, the Save time is very, very fast, EXCEPT with this plug inserted. Too slow for me, thus unusable for me (not when I have an excellent EQ such as Sonalksis which has very little affect on resources).

Did you read Rune's post??

As for tone, I don't see anything unreasonable in my comments. I have told Mateusz the plug-in sounds great. It's just too resource heavy for my liking. If this offends you, I'm not sure why.

(Ironically, you'll find on the Nuendo forum a few posts from me praising PSP products. They are excellent, including MasterQ's sound).

[ January 09, 2004: Message edited by: mmallett ]

#3878 - 01/09/04 10:19 AM Re: Save time much longer
Rune Pedersen Offline

Loc: Norway
Steff, I don't think mmallet is using the usual Cubase forum tone here. I do agree with him that it is annoying to wait a long time for my project to save. You are also right that it might not be MasterQ, but I am pointing out this issue because I would like other people to read this post and comment on it. I do a lot of work, both commercial and personal. This strange issue appeared in both projects I tried the MasterQ. And the problem also appeared after I started using the plugins on the same songs.

We should be able to give critics on a product. It will only help the developers to make a better product. Talking about forum tone, check out the Fruity Loops forum :-)

Rune

Rune

#3879 - 01/09/04 10:23 AM Re: Save time much longer
mmallett Offline

Rune,

Good point... there could be something in Cubase SX/Nuendo that is causing this issue, and not in other DAW's.

Mateusz, anyway we can help, let us know.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >