Topic Options
#3867 - 01/03/04 12:23 PM Problems with UAD cards
mmallett Offline

Loc: Canada
The MasterQ and possibly EasyVerb seem to periodically force the UAD to turn off it's plugs. Only with these two PSP plugs running do I notice that the UAD begins to drop out.

#3868 - 01/03/04 02:07 PM Re: Problems with UAD cards
Mateusz Wozniak PSP Offline

Hello again.

It looks like you notice all possible problems, aren't you?

There is no way for the VST plug-in to turn of other plug-ins. What can happen - especially on slow machines when small audio buffers are set or if the machine is poor in its hardware design or configuration is that there could happen an overload somewhere which may lead to occasional signal loss to or from the PCI card (UAD in this case).
PC is a very sensitive creature and there is no possibility to guess what will happen on a particullar configuration. Our plug-ins are generally very hardware demanding since they are using a lot of memory and CPU for their processing. Perfect hardware/software configuration together with properly setup audio drivers are required.

Regards,

#3869 - 01/03/04 11:08 PM Re: Problems with UAD cards
mmallett Offline

Loc: Canada
Yes, the issue you are describing is exactly what is happening. With these plugs inserted, and my buffers set to MAX (2048),? >?k >?4up the CPU meter about 4 times more than what DreamVerb does, and about 5 times more than Cambridge. That's causing an overload, as you say.

Why it took me by surprise is that the CPU meter in this instance was below 60%... but still causing CPU overload.

Nuendo 2.10.10
Dual 1.42
OSX 10.2.6
1 Gig Ram
ULN-2 1.4.27
2 UAD Cards with 3.3.1

[ January 04, 2004: Message edited by: mmallett ]