Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#3856 - 01/03/04 10:37 AM Warbly dropouts
mmallett Offline

Loc: Canada
Two things are happening with this EQ...

1. Every once in awhile, it begins to break up. Might be related to the right channel dropping out.

2. When scanning frequencies with the Frequency knob, there is too much noise in the background (sounds like a weapon from Star Wars) making it difficult to hear the frequencies.

Using Nuendo 2.1.10, OS 10.2.6

#3857 - 01/03/04 12:48 PM Re: Warbly dropouts
mmallett Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mmallett:
Two things are happening with this EQ...

1. Every once in awhile, it begins to break up. Might be related to the right channel dropping out.
Using Nuendo 2.1.10, OS 10.2.6

I wouldn't doubt this is what the problem is. I've tried to solve this, but the MasterQ definitely has issues with dropouts, and losing the right channel.

#3858 - 01/03/04 02:01 PM Re: Warbly dropouts
Mateusz Wozniak PSP Offline

Drop outs are different then loosing a right channels. It seems that what you decribe a drop out is just a demo protection (every 20s or similar).
The update which should solve a lost right channel should be ready for next week.
I didn't notice any noise during sweeping however there is a smooth sweep following the know movment.

Regards,

#3859 - 01/03/04 11:11 PM Re: Warbly dropouts
mmallett Offline

Mateusz,

I just realized what was causing the dropouts... it's CPU overload. Your plugs can take a huge amount of CPU at times... I've seen the meter jump from 30 to 100 percent randomly with MasterQ or EasyVerb inserted. I have no other plugs, including the UAD, that have this kind of behavior.

This, as you say, is different than the right channel issue.

My system has been running smooth up until I installed these, so there may have to be some tweaking on your end to get these plugs to interface better with Nuendo/Cubase. Sonalksis, for example, is running just fine in Nuendo 2.1

#3860 - 01/03/04 11:24 PM Re: Warbly dropouts
mmallett Offline

I just want to stress that the meter will sit there at 30-40%... and all of a sudden jump to 100% causing distortion. This is with EasyVerb or MQ installed.

Note: I have bought both (which is why I'm kind of concerned about this).

EasyVerb is marvelous!!! And the top end on MasterQ is fantastic.

#3861 - 01/04/04 01:16 PM Re: Warbly dropouts

We will check that but no one else notified us about this kind of problems with those plug-ins. Please make sure that you have at least the system which meets our minimum system requirements for these plug-ins.

Regards,

#3862 - 01/04/04 10:47 PM Re: Warbly dropouts
mmallett Offline

Mateusz,

Judging by your email to me, and recent posts, I realize you are frustrated with these reports. However, you have already confirmed two of them, and said you have fixes for them this week. So I don't think I'm just blowing hot air here. Judging by the few posts you do get, I would be happy that someone out there is beta testing for you! :-)

As for my system, I am running a dual 1.42 Mac, OSX 10.2.6, with the most recent version of Nuendo 2.1.10. I have the most recent drivers of Metric Halo's ULN-2. And I am running two UAD cards with 3.3.1 drivers for OSX.

So there's my system: is it suitable to run PSP plugs?

#3863 - 01/05/04 03:18 PM Re: Warbly dropouts

I am not frustrated about bug and other problem reports but the form of those reports. Errors in software always happens but posting reports everywhere just to make a mess on all topics without detailed information and constructive cooperation is useless for us - so it doesn't bring us closer to the solution.

We have some betatesters but for unknown reason (maybe the end of the year and Christmass) they didn't notified us any of those problems... or they just didn't use Steinberg products on Mac (I think PC is better for Cubase SX).

Finally we've got the basic information about your configuration and I have no idea for at least half of your problems. I can only guess that a configuration of Nuendo + Metric Hallo + two UADs is not what your Mac may like. Particullary using two UADs with multiple audio streams going to and from those cards may stack up the slow PCI connection. Our plug-ins require some CPU and memory which is probably just too much for your heavy operated mother board.

We are using a dual G4 867MHz and G4 400MHz (Powerbook) and problems with pops, glitches, and other problems of that kind never appears.

Problems with lost right channel (probably Steinberg's bug during delay compensation procedure which still doesn't work properly in Cubase SX2/Nuendo 2 Mac/PC) is solved with the comming update. The problem with EasyVerb's noise burst (really dangerous) which we noticed on Cubase DX2 is probably our bug and the comming update should solve this problem.

Sadly audio applications and plug-ins become more and more complex while the VST specification stays rediculously inadequate...

Regards,

#3864 - 01/05/04 11:46 PM Re: Warbly dropouts
mmallett Offline

Mateusz,

Yes, you're right. I should have posted my specs (I should know better).

Hopefully, with your updates, these issues will disappear. It does seem that Mac and Steinberg products are always the last to be tested -- even by Steinberg!

Thanks!

#3865 - 01/06/04 07:02 AM Re: Warbly dropouts
mmallett Offline

...so far, with the update, everything's running smooth. No glitches to speak of...

...except, on the wood graphic on the side of my plug, there is a scratch. Probably happened during shipping. ;-)

#3866 - 01/06/04 11:14 AM Re: Warbly dropouts

Please let me know if you found any problems like before. I hope that the most dangerous noise burst in the EasyVerb will not happen anymore.

... I hope that this scratch will not bother you too much and will not be a subject to replace the unit...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >