Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#3848 - 01/03/04 09:58 AM Re: Some Issues and Suggestions
Mateusz Wozniak PSP Offline

We also noticed the righ channel loss. What is strange that it olny occurs in Steinberg's products so it looks like a Steinberg's bug in the latest versions of their hosts.
We plan an update of the MasterQ on 5th of January.

Refering to draggable handles on the graph. I still think that especially for mastering purposes our afforts to get the best quality are more important then additional control possibility. This does not mean that we are against this idea, we just chose to focus on the quality for the first version of this plug-in.

Regards,

#3849 - 01/03/04 10:34 AM Re: Some Issues and Suggestions
mmallett Offline

Loc: Canada
Mateusz,

I understand your point about usability. I think quality is most important here... which is why I also purchased EasyVerb.

This is a great sounding EQ... but as you'll read in my next topic....

By the way, is this update to fix this particular right channel issue?

[ January 03, 2004: Message edited by: mmallett ]

#3850 - 01/03/04 02:14 PM Re: Some Issues and Suggestions

Yes, the update to fix a loosing right channel is in development.

Regards,

#3851 - 01/05/04 05:37 PM Re: Some Issues and Suggestions
OTR Mastering Offline

Loc: Texas, USA
PSP -

Don't worry about handles on the graph of the MasterQ. Since you developed this plug for Mastering purposes, handles are not an efficient method for adjusting the EQ as they are far too ambiguous. It is much easier to get the exact response you need using the knobs. Most of the time in Mastering, the ME already has a Freq range in mind before adjusting; with more experience - even a particular Freq and bandwidth.

For a mixing EQ - definitely develop the handles; especially if you can incorporate the wheel or a key (Ctrl, Alt, etc.) to change the Q as well. What I mean is that you could click & drag a handle to adjust the freq and level and then use the wheel to adjust Q or maybe hold Alt while clicking and dragging to adjust the Q. (I like the wheel idea better...)

#3852 - 01/05/04 08:17 PM Re: Some Issues and Suggestions

Thank you for your suggestions. Sounds good to me but since the main goal of this plug-in is to be a main equalizer it will have to wait for this additional functionality.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2