Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#3838 - 12/29/03 08:29 PM Some Issues and Suggestions
MickGael Offline

Hi Folks,
Still putting the MasterQ through it's paces, but there is one seeming bug to report and one suggestion.

The bug: When I apply a preset in Cubase SX 2, the audio drops out of the right channel. Once I bypass and re-engae both channels it provides a stereo image.

Suggestion: Please - allow us to draw EQ curves!!! In my experience, this makes things FAR more intuitive.

Otherwise, sounding quite fine!

#3839 - 12/30/03 11:56 AM Re: Some Issues and Suggestions
Mateusz Wozniak PSP Offline

I also noted this problem after preset change under Mac (Cubase SX). The problem probably is in the Cubase SX 2 and appears during delay compensation call. On the other hand on the PC platform there is no response to delay compensation at all so we have to consider other way doing for the updated version.
Currently to deal with this problem you have to turn the plug-in off and on (on the Cubase's preset bar).

Drawing EQ curves is not currently possible and will not be possible in the near future but we will consider this for the future versions. We chose to focus on the processing quality rather then spend yet another month on the GUI.

Regards,

#3840 - 12/30/03 09:23 PM Re: Some Issues and Suggestions
eventime Offline

I totally agree that processing quality is key. I personally don't enjoy drawing EQ curves. I like to have a "knobs" on approach to the process.

My only suggestion is to either come out with a stripped down version with less GUI or have a toggle button to switch off misc. processor hogging elements. BUt perhaps that is what PreQursor will be.

#3841 - 12/30/03 09:31 PM Re: Some Issues and Suggestions

The idea behind the PreQursor is oposite to the MasterQ although the PreQursor would also use the finest processing it would be designed to have it's unique sound while the MasterQ is prepared to work very transparently. What is important for both plug-ins is that both should sound far from what we are used to call "digital".

Regards,

#3842 - 12/31/03 11:45 PM Re: Some Issues and Suggestions
MickGael Offline

Agreed - sound quality is naturally the main consideration. However, drawing an EQ provides a significant ergonomic alternative when using a mouse.

Yes, I love the knobs on an api or Neve eq, but using a mouse is never ideal (at least for me, and surely others).

My suggestion was not to remove knobs - simply to provide what seems to be an increasingly common GUI element.

Happy New Years!

#3843 - 01/01/04 12:48 PM Re: Some Issues and Suggestions
Diederick F.M. Cools Offline

Loc: Tilburg, Netherlands
 Quote:
Originally posted by MickGael:
The bug: When I apply a preset in Cubase SX 2, the audio drops out of the right channel. Once I bypass and re-engae both channels it provides a stereo image.

Same problem here with Steinberg Nuendo 2.1.0 Built 10 On Windows XP Pro SP1. :-(

Regards,
Diederick F.M. Cools.

#3844 - 01/02/04 09:55 AM Re: Some Issues and Suggestions

MickGael - I know that you meant just to add functionality but currently it is not possible. I will keep this idea and consider for future updates.

We will make sure to fix the improper functionality with Steinberg's products.

Regards,

#3845 - 01/02/04 09:07 PM Re: Some Issues and Suggestions
T. Tauri Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Mateusz Wozniak PSP:
MickGael - I know that you meant just to add functionality but currently it is not possible. I will keep this idea and consider for future updates.

Not to begrudge that decision, but for what it's worth: I've been planning an EQ purchase for a while and awaiting the release of MasterQ before deciding, and though it's a difficult decision because MasterQ really sounds fantastic (frequency sweeps sound particularly lovely and un-digital), the lack of something like draggable handles for each band in the graph window has meant that I'm going--regrettably--with another product, I'm afraid. Compared to compression or reverb, EQ is something where personally I do a lot more exploring (as well as more automated changes), and the handles are an efficient tool that I would miss too much.

Peece,
T. Tauri

#3846 - 01/03/04 07:03 AM Re: Some Issues and Suggestions
mmallett Offline

Loc: Canada
Draggable handles definitely... too time consuming with a mouse.

I have lost the right channel altogether. Not sure how to get it back.... Oops, there we go. Hitting FAT brought it back.

Using Nuendo 2.1

#3847 - 01/03/04 07:11 AM Re: Some Issues and Suggestions
mmallett Offline

Loc: Canada
Interesting... I keep losing the right channel every couple minutes. The only way to restore it is again, to press FAT on and off.

OUCH! Just found another glitch. Everytime I save in Nuendo, the right channel shuts off. I just purchased MasterQ, but it's unusable right now.

[ January 03, 2004: Message edited by: mmallett ]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >