Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#6455 - 08/15/10 11:36 AM Re: Nitro 2 - Any plans ??? [Re: Hubert Pietrzykowski PSP]
Pickle Offline

Originally Posted By: Hubert Pietrzykowski PSP
Also, I'd like to add sidechain input to envelope detector - this would allow whole bunch of interesting effects.

I did sidechaining in nitro years ago. Basically you send two panned signals (sidechain and carrier?) route your sidechain to the envelope follower and then use the envelope follower to modulate a parameter on a operator that your carrier(?) signal is routed to.
Don't have it installed anymore so I can't give exact instructions but if you're familiar with nitro you should be able to work it out.

Having used the plugin religiously at one time I have a few suggestions.

More filters.

Improve the current filters - compare the moog filter in nitro to kontakts moog filter, to my ears it (kontakt's) is plenty more defined and sounds nicer.

More filters.

New GUI. The current GUI is ok I guess but it is too small (yes some plugins are too big but nitro is way too small) and it can be real (real!) fidly.

I like the routing options in Nitro, definitely one of it's strengths so I think these should be expanded on. More operators (if they are turned off they don't use CPU no?) and I think multi channel inputs and outputs would be nice (I guess this is a bit of a tricky one since no DAW that I have used would handle this correctly but I'm sure you could haxx the mixer in cubase to sum stereo/mono signals to surround and then spit them back up again. One thing to remember is that you can always route two mono signals in, would work for a ring mod).

More modulation sources - proper sidechain; one I mentioned is fiddly to setup, step sequencer/piano roll/arp, improved LFO's; syncing options, note on/off to reset LFO, to name a few.

More parameters per OP (sometimes 2 is not enough).

More distortion options (different curves, types?)

I could go on all day but it would get messy and I think we'd lose sight of what Nitro is; a filter plugin with bad ass modulation and routing (modular?) options with extra effects. Filters (+distortion/overdrive), modulation/automation and modular routing; imo the heart of nitro.

If reversed delay hasn't been explained I'm guessing he meant a delay similar to a reverse reverb?

++bit crusher/sample rate converter

Edited by Pickle (08/15/10 11:38 AM)

#6461 - 08/24/10 12:32 PM Re: Nitro 2 - Any plans ??? [Re: Pickle]
Pickle Offline

Also more control over the LFO waveforms like clipping (independent for +/- aswell as linked), more shapes and lfo reset.
ADSR curve controls and modulation of stage time (long time since I used nitro so may already be possible)

#6521 - 12/10/10 05:22 PM Re: Nitro 2 - Any plans ??? [Re: Pickle]
andrewk Offline

Any news on version 2.0? I'm assuming this will support x64 as well as x86? Any ideas on what the upgrade price will be? Really looking forward to this.

#6522 - 12/10/10 06:38 PM Re: Nitro 2 - Any plans ??? [Re: andrewk]
kevaquarian Offline

It's all gone quiet at PSP about Nitro 2 it seems....?
RME FF400

#6523 - 12/10/10 07:48 PM Re: Nitro 2 - Any plans ??? [Re: kevaquarian]
andrewk Offline

Originally Posted By: kevaquarian
It's all gone quiet at PSP about Nitro 2 it seems....?

Does seem to have. The information below was posted on 9 June 2010, some 6 months ago. Hopefully PSP will jump in with some further information(?).

Originally Posted By: Hubert Pietrzykowski PSP
Hi all. Nitro 2 is almost there. We have listened to your ideas. Some of them have been implemented, some not.
The GUI is small, but easier to operate - you will be able to use mouse wheel to scroll lists and change parameter values. Keyboard type-in for every field. There are three LCDs - one for modulators (yes, there are four modulator slots that can be assigned any modulator type), one for operators and one for setting connections.
All operators have been rewritten, are much more powerful and optimized. There are new types, too. The same applies to modulators.
8 freely assignable knobs (you can name them and midi assign at click of a button).
Built-in limiter based on Xenon algorithms, with three fixed settings.
A lots more... So be prepared ;\)

#6526 - 12/14/10 12:30 PM Re: Nitro 2 - Any plans ??? [Re: andrewk]
gwok Offline

I've lost all confidence in this company

#6527 - 12/14/10 03:54 PM Re: Nitro 2 - Any plans ??? [Re: gwok]
andrewk Offline

Originally Posted By: gwok
I've lost all confidence in this company

Hopefully this will get your confidence back... I emailed them to see if they had any news and within hours got the following response:
 Quote:
It is the longest plug-in project we have ever had.
Hubert is "Polishing" it and designing presets for it.
I hope it will be available before end of this year (2010).

Warm regards from Poland
Antoni Ozynski

Hope PSP don't mind me posting this publicly, but I was pretty excited by the news!

#6528 - 12/14/10 04:20 PM Re: Nitro 2 - Any plans ??? [Re: andrewk]
kevaquarian Offline

Groovy.

I won't hold my breath though - it's not sensible with plugin releases - I would have died already waiting for Altiverb 7, or BFD 64-bit for Mac!!

I hope there's a tasty upgrade price for those who've been using Nitro since way back, and waited literally YEARS for an update of any kind.

Thanks for the update, andrewk.

:-)
RME FF400

#6529 - 12/14/10 04:36 PM Re: Nitro 2 - Any plans ??? [Re: kevaquarian]
andrewk Offline

I won't hold my breath though - it's not sensible with plugin releases - I would have died already waiting for Altiverb 7, or BFD 64-bit for Mac!!

!! Good advice!
I hope there's a tasty upgrade price for those who've been using Nitro since way back, and waited literally YEARS for an update of any kind.

+1

Edited by andrewk (12/14/10 04:36 PM)

#6530 - 12/14/10 09:16 PM Re: Nitro 2 - Any plans ??? [Re: kevaquarian]
gwok Offline

Groovy.

:-)

ya tasty as in free - been waitin to save a preset for a 8 months

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >