Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#3532 - 04/22/04 12:49 PM can't use Nitro at all.
bidule Offline

hello people at psp ,

Nitro doesn't want to works on my system. \:\(
I can open it , but when i process sounds it crashes any program hosting it.(cubase sx 2.0 , sound forge 7.0 and wavelab).When i bypass the nitro fx in Sound Forge 7.0 , it can plays the original sound.
I tried everything or at least many things.
Trying to download others versions of those files : msvcr70.dll , msvcp70.dll , mfc70.dll, libmmd.dll
because i saw in the install text that those files were installed by nitro installer.
I tried to reregister those files .. don't know why , just to try.. but nothing is working.
I got Windows xp + sp1 , an echo layla , a tbird 1.4 ghz and as said i use cubase sx 2 and sound forge 7.
every other plugins are working fine.

maybe my cpu isn't powerfull enough ? hmm
or maybe should i install sp1a ?
does any other have the same prob on winxp ?

plz let me know if you have any solution or if you want any other information as i really would like to see what this "seems great" tool can do to my sounds.
hope the update will resolve this issue..

thanks mucho

regards

#3533 - 04/22/04 05:39 PM Re: can't use Nitro at all.
bidule Offline

i forgot to say that i don't own the licensed plugin , i just tried to use the demo..

#3534 - 04/22/04 07:19 PM Re: can't use Nitro at all.
J.K. Offline

Intersting, on my desktop daw (tb 1.4) i experience the same (nitro crashes sx 2.0 when trying to lauch it).
on my inspiron 8200 laptop it works flawlessly. (i own the full version)
???

best regards

juergen k.

[ April 22, 2004: Message edited by: J.K. ]

#3535 - 04/25/04 11:24 AM Re: can't use Nitro at all.
Hubert Pietrzykowski PSP Offline

Loc: Warsaw
Does it crash when the Nitro power switch is set to off (so that Nitro is in bypass mode)?

#3536 - 04/25/04 01:35 PM Re: can't use Nitro at all.
bidule Offline

In cubase sx 2.02 , when i load the nitro plugin on a track insert , it crashes the application as soon as i can see the nitro gui. So i can't test it with power switch off in cubase sx.
In cubase sx too , when i insert the nitro directx plugin , i can't see any nitro GUI. Just a blank window. And when i unload it it says that "directx wrapper : the plugin created too much objects in the vst zone without freeing them" (something like that ,my winxp is french).
But the app doesn't crash.

In sound forge 7.0. something interesting .
I can hear the original sound only if , when i select nitro dx plug , "real time" isn't checked and that "bypass" is checked. If i check "real time" and "bypass" it doesn't let me hear any sound and gives me an error message.

In wavelab 4.0..when i select nitro vst plugin ,and when i uncheck "on" (the power switch on the effects rack ) , i can hear the original sound.As soon as i turn on the switch , it give me an error message.
If again i turn off that switch i can hear the original sound again.

so it really crashes cubase sx only , but in the other apps it gives me error messages.

cheers

ps: J.K. thanks for your answer. Sorry but i am happy to see that other people have the same problem on the same comp.
:rolleyes: ;\)

#3537 - 04/26/04 09:23 PM Re: can't use Nitro at all.
J.K. Offline

>In cubase sx 2.02 , when i load the nitro plugin on a track insert , it crashes the application as soon as i can see the nitro gui. So i can't test it with power switch off in cubase sx.

The same over here.

(despite these difficulties - nitro is a truly amazing sounding plugin - love it - thanks a lot!!)

best regards

Juergen K.
;\)

[ April 26, 2004: Message edited by: J.K. ]

#3538 - 04/28/04 10:04 AM Re: can't use Nitro at all.

I cannot recreate the problem on my system, which makes it extremely difficult for me to fix it. I would like to ask you, guys, for help. I can prepare (in a few days) the version without GUI as well as diagnostic version of Nitro (being able to generate error logs in form of text files). I would like to ask you to launch the plug-in and send me back the info/log files. Please let me know if you want and have time to do it - it may require more than one attempts (the first log would allow me to find out which part of code causes an error, then the new diagnostic version may be required to get more detailed information about the problem and so on, so I will probably have to ask you for help more than once...)

hubert

#3539 - 04/28/04 11:14 AM Re: can't use Nitro at all.
bidule Offline

no problemo for me hubert.
let me know what i have to do and how to get the file(s) needed and i'll do the necessary things .
regards

#3540 - 04/28/04 09:36 PM Re: can't use Nitro at all.
J.K. Offline

>no problemo for me hubert.
let me know what i have to do and how to get the file(s) needed and i'll do the necessary things .
regards

the same here!

greetings, juergen

#3541 - 05/05/04 02:11 PM Re: can't use Nitro at all.

ok then - I will do this diag version in 2 days, I think. I will announce it on the this forum... Thanks a lot in advance!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >