Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#2590 - 04/03/04 04:22 PM Sadly missing Stereo Pack on OSX
Sigmon Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia USA
I just wanted to let you folks know that while working with Digital Performer on OS 9, your Stereo Pack has become one of my favorite treatment packs.

Frankly, I'm astonished that they haven't gained more attention. For instance, I can't tell you how many times, during a mix, I need to do something special with a particular mono source, or treat a lead vocal in a verse rather than a chorus, or during a break, that I LEAP for your PseudoStereo Plug.

It's brilliant. I can take a simple mono track and make it stand 2 feet in front of the speakers, yet sit in the mix.

I wonder if you had called the plug-in something like "Dimension 4" if people would have gotten the idea.

There is no question in my mind that both Pseudo Stereo and the Stereo Enhancer would enjoy wide appreciation if people knew exactly how good they are. They're not just 'special circumstance' treatments, but can create a basic sonic element in any mix that is valuable and noticeable.

So, thanks for making these great plug-ins, and if you ever want to consider releasing versions of them for OSX, maybe a more 'mysterious' name might be in order so that people won't assume that they are redundant to anyone already recording tracks in stereo!

Matthew Sigmon

#2591 - 04/03/04 11:38 PM Re: Sadly missing Stereo Pack on OSX
Jeff Sanders Offline

Does the Stereo Enhancer plug leave all of the instruments on a final mix in their place while improving a sense of stereo, or is every instrument spread out across the stereo field?

ie - are hard panned tracks still panned left or right or do they become smeared across the stereo image?

I love the enhancement it gives. Not able to quite tell if this is what it's doing...

#2592 - 04/05/04 07:44 AM Re: Sadly missing Stereo Pack on OSX
JFreak Offline

Loc: Finland
i also would like to have stereopack on osx... pleas psp make it happen \:\)

#2593 - 04/05/04 09:16 PM Re: Sadly missing Stereo Pack on OSX
drgrace Offline

Loc: San Diego
Me too!

Don

#2594 - 04/06/04 02:25 PM Re: Sadly missing Stereo Pack on OSX
Mateusz Wozniak PSP Offline

Hello,

Thanks you for all your votes. It looks like we should get back to our oldest plug-in set right after dealing with other plug-ins' AU and RTAS versions (comming really soon).

The StereoEnhancer can be used on any stereo track depending on needs and its settings. Please keep in mind that it is deeply processing one and should be used with moderate settings.

Hard panned tracks will not keep their original position because the algorithm will make their panning fuzzy in the way depending on settings.

Regards,

#2595 - 04/12/04 07:18 PM Re: Sadly missing Stereo Pack on OSX
realtwang Offline

Yes, I'd also vote for a Stereo Pack update (really love the Stereo Analyzer), and PianoVerb, which I grew really fond of as well. This, of course, after the MixPack & Vintage Warmer AU updates ;\)

[ April 12, 2004: Message edited by: realtwang ]

#2596 - 04/15/04 04:21 AM Re: Sadly missing Stereo Pack on OSX
Sigmon Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Fantastic! How encouraging. Thanks PSP for being so responsive, not to mention innovative!

#2597 - 04/15/04 09:09 AM Re: Sadly missing Stereo Pack on OSX
JFreak Offline

Loc: Finland
yep. i'd be happy with simple ports, but psp please surprise us and make them evolve ;\) how about combining stereo analyzer and width processor? i'd kill for a plugin that lets me analyze the signal at the same time i make adjustments to it. i'm thinking a kind of waves S1 + PAZ or something...

one more thing you probably have already given a thought... how about supporting 96kHz (and higher?) sample rates - i think stereopack is currently limited to 48kHz sessions.

#2598 - 07/01/04 06:11 PM Re: Sadly missing Stereo Pack on OSX
Nick Harvey Offline

Loc: London, UK
I too am greatly missing the PSP StereoPack in OSX. I used it on most compositions when working under OS9.2. It became a valuable creative tool. I have recently purchased a G5 and while it is in itself a superior machine utilising a superior OS I have started to get withdrawal symptoms for my beloved StereoPack. \:\(

I have posted a few questions on various forums wondering if there is anything else comparable out there but as yet I haven't found anything.

Does anyone here know of any Stereoization plug-ins to be used primarily on a mono sound source that are as good as the PSP ones? I'm using Logic Pro 6 by the way so Audio Units would be preferable although if it's a VST and it can be wrapped then that would also do me fine.

Thanks in advace.

Nick

#2599 - 07/12/04 11:51 PM Re: Sadly missing Stereo Pack on OSX
page43 Offline

I concur with everybody else on this thread in hoping you can get some time squeezed in to do an AU update on the StereoPack. I know it would be greatly appreciated by many of us.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >