Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#2339 - 03/11/04 06:11 PM Alternate look for MixPack
G Rudolph Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Please realize this is in no way a criticism. I love your products and have purchased full versions of all, except the MixPack. Which leads me to the purpose of this post.

I realize this makes me seem superficial, but the reason I have not tried MixPack is its graphics. I will download the demo this evening and check it out, but did you ever consider changing the appearance to fit in with the "vintage" look of Vintage Warmer, EasyVerb, MasterQ, etc.?

[ March 11, 2004: Message edited by: G Rudolph ]

#2340 - 03/11/04 09:48 PM Re: Alternate look for MixPack
Mateusz Wozniak PSP Offline

I understand your point. For most customers accoustomed with the MixPack only the sound counts.

From our point of view changing their GUI is important and is on our task list but it would cost us a lot of time.
We also realize that changing GUI woudn't be enought. We would also need to make some major changes in parameters, algorithms etc so I think for now it is the best to keep it as it is.

One of the neerest MixPack updates will bring support for other then VST and DX formats and improvments in latency compensation. We think that making those plug-ins compatible to current audio software is much more important for current customers then just a face lifting :-)

Regards,

#2341 - 03/12/04 11:12 AM Re: Alternate look for MixPack
Rune Pedersen Offline

Loc: Norway
Not to offend you, but the Mixpack GUI is not the prettiest sight. I think the old 1.6 look was better looking)).

But it's not a big issue for me. I would really like the plugin delay compensation to be improved first.

#2342 - 03/12/04 02:04 PM Re: Alternate look for MixPack
G Rudolph Offline

Mateusz,

Of course, you're right. After all, we're talking about audio plugins here, so prioritizing algorithms ahead of GUI makes sense.

I did download the MixPack demo last night and will give a whirl. If I find it useful, the GUI won't be a factor.

I use Vintage Warmer, MasterQ, EasyVerb and both delay units regularly and have already paid for Nitro, so I'm a big fan of your products.

I just thought you would like to know, if the MixPack GUI's were more along the lines of Vintage Warmer, trusting in your company's products, I would have purchased MixPack already.

#2343 - 03/12/04 04:13 PM Re: Alternate look for MixPack

MixPack's GUI was never of finest quality but we received many reports that on some screens, especially some notebooks they are very hard to read. Current version was really readable and I personally like it much more then previous one.

I will not offed anyone to buy or to like MixPack GUI because I really understand that it is not of the same quality as our latest plug-ins but I will still try to focus on compatibility and sound issues first.
I hope that we will find some extra time to deal with GUI too :-)
I am not sure that current MixPack plug-ins should be directly transformed into plug-ins with new GUI without really changing plug-ins' contents. Any ideas?

Best regards,

#2344 - 03/12/04 04:59 PM Re: Alternate look for MixPack
G Rudolph Offline

As I understand you to say, changing the GUI alone requires much time and effort, I wouldn't expect users to be willing to pay for a change in GUI alone.

Probably, if you see a future for the MixPack product, the best strategy would be to make the changes to parameters & algorithms, etc, also incorporate a new GUI and charge for the upgrade (to version 2.0, for example).

But you (PSP) know best whether is better for your business to invest the time and effort in MixPack or concentrate on your other fine recent products.

#2345 - 03/13/04 08:41 AM Re: Alternate look for MixPack

MixPack is one of our first products and is still doing a good job for many users so we don't want to stop this project. Currently however after the release of version 1.7 we will have to wait some tome for next big update.

Regards,

#2346 - 03/18/04 02:10 PM Re: Alternate look for MixPack
JFreak Offline

Loc: Finland
what if you combined best parts of mixbass & mixtreble in a similar way that "aphex 204" has been made, only maybe giving us a little more tweaking options? i know, there's an aphex plugin available for tdm systems, but i'd kill to have it in rtas/au format...

#2347 - 03/18/04 04:20 PM Re: Alternate look for MixPack

I think that our algorithms are different from Aphex'es but the idea of combining lows and highs in one plug-in is not bad. Bad please note that it would be very different plug-in from current MixPack plug-ins.
Any other ideas about the MixPack?

Regards,

#2348 - 03/23/04 04:06 PM Re: Alternate look for MixPack
R Drake Offline

Loc: France
I like mix pack gui, they are nice and compact. I much prefer their small and simple interface rather than the big, fancy looking Vintage Warmer interface. But as you say, it's the sound that counts!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >