Topic Options
#2019 - 05/31/02 08:54 AM trouble printing manual
andy Offline

Hello!

Last night, I ordered the mix pack and have to say that initially I'm very impressed. I had almost resigned myself to paying $300 for IK Multimedia T-Racks, but then discovered a better product for a third of the price!

I do however have one small quibble with the PDF manual; the document appears to subtley violate the PDF standard, so cannot be printed on all systems (particularly UNIX ones).

If I attempt to print it using acroread, the print job fails after printing 4 pages (no error messages, it just stops). If I print to a poscript file using acroread, all the images are missing. If I use pdftops (PDF to postscript conversion utility) I get corrupted output which cannot be printed.

If I try and use xpdf to view the file, I get lots of these errors printed to the console:

Error (828468): Bad colorspace

and

Error: Uknown Type 0 character set: Adobe-Identity

Any ideas how to get round this problem?

thanks,

Andy

#2020 - 05/31/02 09:50 AM Re: trouble printing manual
andy Offline

OK, problem solved. \:\)

Upgrading acroread 4->5.05 fixed it. I think acroread 4 struggles with encrypted PDFs. Out of interest, why is the manual encrypted?

Andy

#2021 - 06/01/02 06:44 AM Re: trouble printing manual
Antoni Ozynski PSP Offline

Self-service supports is a good idea.

Thanks for visiting our forum ;-)

Antoni Ozynski

#2022 - 08/12/02 02:03 AM Re: trouble printing manual
alphajerk Offline

i had the same problem although it printed the image on the front page. i got ot page 4 and then just stopped. im running v5 that came with my [relatively] new G4 dualGHZ.

i wanted to print it to figure out the controls while i went out of town this past weekend but didnt have time to troubleshoot the issue before i left.

i will try again but any suggestions would help just in case.

#2023 - 08/14/02 03:57 AM Re: trouble printing manual
alphajerk Offline

i STILL cannot get the manual to print. i loaded 5.0.5 on OSX and only prints to the license agreement [pg4?], i downloaded 5.0.5 on my win98 machine and still only prints to the license agreement. OS9.x same thing. what is UP with this manual? i have no problems printing anything else on any of my machines [i printed a 478 page manual just the other day]

#2024 - 08/14/02 03:56 PM Re: trouble printing manual
alphajerk Offline

i finally got it to print. i had to use a inkjet printer... for some reason it did NOT like postscript laserjet at all. well, at least its in color now.