Topic Options
#12 - 11/30/01 06:29 PM Vintage Warmer Problems
Kurt Hirschenhofer Offline

After having tried (and loved) the Vintage Warmer MAS demo, I purchased the real thing.

But now I am having problems, and the plug-in is mostly unusable for any length of time. I am getting the error "too many files open (MotuAudioSystem Mas MasAudioFile.cpp, 92-42:2" Also the waveforms of soundbites are disappearing.

At first I thought that it was mabye a memory problem, or that I was pushing DP too hard, but then I tried running it on a project with only 1 soundbite and 55 meg. devoted to DP, and had the same problems.

I am running DP 2.72.

#13 - 11/30/01 11:28 PM Re: Vintage Warmer Problems
Mateusz Wozniak PSP Offline

Hi,

I thing more memory for DigitalPerformer could do things much better. I suggest at lest 75MB.

#14 - 12/01/01 03:18 AM Re: Vintage Warmer Problems

I tried upping the memory to 80 meg, which gave DP a whopping 54 megs free. Also the computer itself had an unused block of 190 megs. The problem is still occuring, and I am basically unable to use the software.

#15 - 12/01/01 08:23 AM Re: Vintage Warmer Problems

We are going back to the code...

#16 - 12/03/01 04:45 AM Re: Vintage Warmer Problems

Well I am happy to say that you have fixed the worse problem, and that is the one that would give me the too many files open message and then blank out the waveforms. Now I can use the Vintage Warmer.

A problem still does remain however. If I put the Vintage Warmer on a track, and then remove it and then put it on again, it will crash DP every time. If I add it, then remove it, then add something else, remove the other plug, and then add Vintage Warmer again, it does not crash DP. Thought you would like to know.

Thank you for fixing the problem so quickly,

Kurt

#17 - 12/07/01 05:36 PM Re: Vintage Warmer Problems

Well I guess I thanked you way too soon.

This problem was only improved a little, and I cannot use this plugin more than a few minutes before it pops up again. I have 59 megs free in DP, so that setting does not seem to be an issue. The processor monitor is below 50%, although the playback section goes to 100%. Could this be the general disk cache setting on the machine?

Not only that, but the plug-in will not recall saved presets or banks at all. When recalling a saved preset or bank it merely loads it and keeps the settings the same, and does not add the name of the preset to the bank list (when loading presets.)

Please let me know the status.

Thank you.

#18 - 12/12/01 09:45 PM Re: Vintage Warmer Problems

Hi,

I guess the latest update candidate available would solve those problems too

#19 - 12/15/01 02:31 AM Re: Vintage Warmer Problems

Hi,

The latest update is working. Thank you for taking care of the problems.

Kurt