Topic Options
#13185 - 01/27/17 03:09 PM Prep to send to master
AToneOnTail Offline

Hey gang,

Just finished a record, and it is now being geared up to send to mastering. On all 10 tracks I use Vintage Warmer 2 on the master channel, with the pre set Mix Aid 4.

I just got word back from the guy mastering the record, telling me the mixes are to hot.

So my question is what is the best way to reduce to main output with out losing quality of the vintage warmer. My initial thought was going to be the Drive, but i feel that if i do reduce teh gain on the Drive, I will lose some of warm color the Vintage Warmer provides. Now I am aware of the main output pot but would just turning that down lose the dynamics of the track?

Any info or guidance on this topic would be greatly appreciated. I love the way my songs sound with this plug-in and sonically dont want anything to change.

Thanks for the help!

Edited by AToneOnTail (01/27/17 03:10 PM)

#13336 - 02/21/17 02:14 AM Re: Prep to send to master [Re: AToneOnTail]
admin Offline

There are two solutions:
1. Provide two versions of the mix to the mastering house: one with and one without Warmer on the master, at the same time please make sure that Warmers on groups are not working too hard splashing peaks. Ask mastering engineer to mimic the sound of your preference (with a Warmer on master)
2. Adjust Drive on every group and the master to sensible limits. Then use the Mix knob to make peaks getting through the VintageWarmer.