Topic Options
#1146 - 07/29/06 10:37 PM Problem with Multi-Output VSTs in Acid Pro 6
fussylizard Offline

Hi, I am having a problem when using VW (demo version) with multi-output VSTs in Acid Pro 6...basically the sound for the output I've assigned VW to does not come through. The meters on VW do not move, as if VW is getting no input.

A few more data points that might help:
- I have the same problem with all the plugins in PSP MixPack (registered version), both VST and DX versions.
- PSP Nitro (registered version) works fine.
- Other plug-ins (from various vendors) I have tried work fine.
- I tried this with both GURU and Battery 2 multi-output VSTs...did not work with either.
- VW works fine in an aux bus and on the main output for multi-output VSTs; the problem is only with the extra outputs, say when I want to send my bass drums to a separate channel for processing.

Has anyone else had this problem?

BTW I tried running it under Chainer (demo) and I get sound, but everything is distorted. Maybe I'm not using Chainer correctly, but this doesn't seem to be a suitable workaround.

Thanks,
Chris

#1147 - 07/31/06 03:58 PM Re: Problem with Multi-Output VSTs in Acid Pro 6
Mateusz Wozniak PSP Offline

We didn't notice any problem with those plug-ins on any of inserts inluding both mono and stereo ones, we also didn't get any reports of such problem so far. We don't know the reason and solution yet.

Refering to distortion under chainer. It is possible that the plug-in is driven hard so it is forced to make serious reduction all the time, it is also possible that there is a kind of routing - configuration problem when the chainer is used. I personaly didn't notice any strange behavior under the Chainer.

Regards,

#1148 - 07/31/06 07:55 PM Re: Problem with Multi-Output VSTs in Acid Pro 6
fussylizard Offline

Strange that you are not noticing the same behavior. Perhaps other users of Acid Pro 6 can try it out and report on whether or not it works for them. If you have Battery or GURU available I can send you a sample track for testing if that helps.

I tried Chainer again last night and it all appeared to work fine. Not sure what changed from the first time I tried it, but I am able to use MixPack and VintageWarmer successfully under Chainer. So I have a workaround, and Chainer looks pretty handy anyway (being able to save and reload plugin chains).

BTW I just purchased VW and am looking forward to using it in my future tracks.

Thanks,
Chris