Topic Options
#10574 - 05/11/15 01:58 PM MasterQ vs MasterQ2
dlincoln Offline

Big problem: After installing MasterQ2, plain ole MasterQ disappeared. I tried reinstalling it, but it appears to be impossible, once MQ2 is instantiated. I've tried deinstalling, but nothing seems to work.

To be clear: MQ2 is the better EQ in every dimension, and I'd love to use it in place of MQ. The problem is, MQ2 can't load MQ presets/settings at all - if you replace MQ instances with MQ2 you lose your original settings entirely.

At any rate I need access to BOTH plugs, and this seems impossible. I can't open any old projects up, and do touch ups, which has killed a day (trying to load/boot/re-boot/scan/re-scan plugs etc), and I'm unable to install either MasterQ keyed version OR iLok version, only MQ2 now instantiates after installing it. Help!

#10575 - 05/11/15 02:49 PM Re: MasterQ vs MasterQ2 [Re: dlincoln]
dlincoln Offline

Quick update on my gripe above: As per usual, operator error is to blame. I was able to reinstall MQ manually from backups, and it appears the main issue was running Wavelab in 32 bit mode (MasterQ was my last hold out 32 bit plug, forgot all about that!).

When I kicked WL 8.5 down to 32 bit mode, everything worked as usual. Problem solved! Sorry for any aspersions cast on the plug... I have a solid update AND a functional legacy version... I can definitely work with that!

Loving MQ2 again! Thanks PSP!